• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home bass rig opinions

What's that aural whatsit do?

Comment

Not sure of the exact science behind it, but I think that it's some sort of harmonic enhancer. It seems to liven things up a bit.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^^ makes it fatter. It makes you say, “Oh, well that’s nice!” One stays on my board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a solid-state Fender B100 head for about $100 used it sounds great for bass and guitar.

Comment

What's your budget? As always, that's going to determine what your options are.
            Originally posted by DrNewcenstein
            To understand the idiot, you must think like an idiot.

Comment

he already bought a rumble 200

Comment

That may very well be true, but in his last post in this thread, he was just thinking about it.
                Originally posted by DrNewcenstein
                To understand the idiot, you must think like an idiot.

Comment

Thanks Jeremy

For those who don't read the whole bass forum
                  I made a new thread about the r200 I got a bit ago and forgot about this one

The rumble sounds very good for home use and it's very light and is very versatile so far!

Sometime I think I would like to try that Duncan bass compressor though!

Heh fwiw my budget was about $300 originally but I stretched it a little for a "warehouse resealed" rumble 200. The thing about not being able to add the extra speaker cab later with the 100 killed me.

The ampegs people mentioned are good but they are more the kinda thing I think I would wanna try to play it before I buy and finding good used specimens and adding shipping and tax and I'm reaching the neighborhood of what I bought
                  In my limited experience I do already know the rumbles sound very good and are reliable

I had thought about a hartke head and cab like Ace but maybe smaller cab but still more money than what I spent I think, so I think I got a good middle of the road thing going for now

Do they make an ampeg pedal that I could use with this? Would the scr-di give me decent run at ampeg flavors if in the loop or in front or had anyone used those?
                  Last edited by FuseG4; 11-21-2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I use an Ampeg Scrambler DI and it's very good, but I'm going direct to FOH, no bass amp.

Comment

What bass are you using and what pickups?

I’m using a Rumble 15 with a passive P/J setup, and like how it sounds. You mentioned a preamp... if you have to turn down your bass volume, I think I’ll stick with passive pickups and no preamp.
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
                        Do they make an ampeg pedal that I could use with this? Would the scr-di give me decent run at ampeg flavors if in the loop or in front or had anyone used those?
                        Reverb is a marketplace bringing together a wide-spanning community to buy, sell, and discuss all things music gear.

I've got one of these. You can' beat it for the price new, let alone used, if you want multiple ampeg flavors.

Comment

Nice choice. I got the Peavey 100 watt amp. I wouldn’t go less than 100 wats either. Currently I am in a Bluegrass class with three mandolins and I just barely have enough volume to hear myself. So, you made the right choice. It’s even harder jamming with a loud drummer and a guitar player. So going bigger is always a good idea for bass players.

Comment

There are a ton of nice little 2x10's that would work with that little Hartke. I'd get a Trace Elliott Elf if going totally zen like that. Maybe even a 1x12 of some sort.

The Scrambler was really nice with a basic powered speaker. Got some sweet sounds.

The Hartke TX300 - wow. I LOVE that thing. It is NOT the Amp Scramler but just an awesome little box regardless.
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                              The Scrambler was really nice with a basic powered speaker. Got some sweet sounds.
                              Just do what I did to my Ampeg SCD-DI + powered PA speaker: add a EV ZXA1 sub, small and lightweight 12" sub. Makes a big improvement.

Comment

If I were going small but awesome for home - I'd get this:

Trace-Elliott Elf 200watt and 2x8 Cab

Originally posted by Bad City
                                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                                X