DM10 - my electric drum kit partscaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM10 - my electric drum kit partscaster

It sounds pretty good! Pretty close to an acoustic kit. I started with a cheap DM6 then replaced the cymbals with pads because the cymbals' responsiveness sucks. Then I added 2 kick pedals into a mono y cable. Recently got this upper tier DM10 module and it's a pretty good lil kit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clint drummer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	5853068

Click image for larger version

Name:	DM10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	5853069

The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Re: DM10 - my electric drum kit partscaster

Cymbals sound decent . . . snare is kinda electricy though.

I've always been intrigued with electric kits because I've never lived in a place where people would put up with me practicing on an acoustic one. :P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Yeah it's a compromise. I don't enjoy slamming around on acoustic kits though.
      I bought them for you

Comment

My singer plays drums. At home she uses an electronic set. The cool thing is when recording you can take a MIDI signal out and substitute the drum sounds. She has a cheap Alesis set. It sounds pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh very cool. You can substitute the ezdrummer sounds in later? I didn't know that. I'm not to the point where I'd prefer my drumming to trax on most songs but that's good to know down the road. That's basically the set I started with. The upgrades are pads for cymbals, the module, and yamaha kick triggers. Using a double pedal and 1 trigger wasn't responsive for **** so I use 2 pedals and triggers into a y cable.
          Last edited by Clint 55; 11-07-2019, 11:23 AM.
          I bought them for you

Comment

I record in Logic Pro X, but any DAW with MIDI drums will work. Just make a MIDI instrument track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok thx. I wrote off that possibility since my laptop isn't fast enough to trigger ezdrummer in real time.
              I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
              X