Something waza this way comes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something waza this way comes...

I made a bit of an impulse purchase today, but I haven't made any big guitar related purchases so I figured I'd splurge a bit.

More details are to follow when the product arrives, but for now I'll let you guys wonder as to which one I got.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Re: Something waza this way comes...

I’d love any of the Waza pedals. Well, Tuner is a little interesting, but the others all sounds great.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I just saw a Waza Vibrato. Was that necessary?
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        I just saw a Waza Vibrato. Was that necessary?
        Based on how much the originals go for, yes.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Didn't know a Boss Vibrato was all that....
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
            Yes. This is the wave of the future.

Although, I totally disagree with the price for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              Didn't know a Boss Vibrato was all that....
              I think it’s partially because it’s so rare, anything that rare has to be good, right? So that drive prices which in turn drove demand.

Anyway, for me the CE-2W and DC-2W both look and sound awesome for some sweet, sweet chorus tones.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Given that the Waza line is mostly centered around the "forgotten 45s" of the pedal world, I sure hope the Slow Gear gets the Waza treatment. I'll snatch one up real quick.
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

What would a Waza Slow Gear do better than the original? It just changes the attack, that's about it. Perhaps more control, but there is only so much you can do.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                    Sweet! Now any tube amp can be a Boss Katana!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      What would a Waza Slow Gear do better than the original? It just changes the attack, that's about it. Perhaps more control, but there is only so much you can do.
                      Better components, less noise, better buffer, maybe a switch to make it more aggressive.

Comment

^^I just thought further about this same question. Instead of the usual Waza switch, you could add a knob that adjusts by how much the pedal cuts the volume of the attack and decay. Fully counterclockwise would be stock, and as you turn the knob it would become a more subtle effect.

This would turn the pedal from a one trick pony to being able to be used as an always-on effect for genres such as funk or reggae.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                          I think it’s partially because it’s so rare, anything that rare has to be good, right? So that drive prices which in turn drove demand.

Anyway, for me the CE-2W and DC-2W both look and sound awesome for some sweet, sweet chorus tones.
                          I'm seriously GAS'ing for a CE-2W so I don't have to take my silver screw CE-2 out of the house anymore. The Waza doesn't sound quite as good, but at least they're consistent and thus replaceable if someone steals it.
                          Last edited by dystrust; 11-15-2019, 08:12 PM. Reason: Hookt ahn fonix werkt fer mi!
                          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            What would a Waza Slow Gear do better than the original?
                            Get attention. More profit.

They could have revised their older boards, they are all smt construction now right? Doesnt cost a whole lot in parts. Then it would not seem all that new though to increase buyers interest in them & couldnt charge higher for them either. The losses boss suffered when the boutique market came into form & the pedal market as a whole expanded, these waza series are supposed to even out those I feel.

Well thats just my opinion & thoughts about their waza pedal line, it sounds good but should cost less for the lack of new designs.

Comment

So it’s been over a week, what did you get?
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X