New Cab Day - Orange PPC410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cab Day - Orange PPC410

I found this on CL for 1/3 the price they usually go for, so I snatched it up. It's very mid focused with my OR15, and positively roars with my OR50. My Dark Terror is a bit too muffled with it, but I have better cabs for that amp anyway.

I'm pretty dang stoked.
    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Re: New Cab Day - Orange PPC410

Congrats!

A bit OT, but what's the OR15 like? Can it do modern chuggah chuggah? I kinda want to add an Orange to my collection, and I like the looks of the OR15 best better than the -Terror heads. I have a friend who runs a Rockerverb 50, and he boosts it with a TS9. It does sound great. Wonder if the OR15 is anything like the RV. It is, after all, a tweaked Jim Root, isn't it?
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 11-06-2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

OR15 gets pretty heavy. I can make it work but some players might want a tube screamer out front. It's essentially the Rockerverb gain channel with a 15w power amp.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
        OR15 gets pretty heavy. I can make it work but some players might want a tube screamer out front. It's essentially the Rockerverb gain channel with a 15w power amp.

It definitely sounds WAY bigger than it looks like it would. Into my 212 loaded with Emi GB128s, it's positively massive. THE classic rock/metal sound. Of course, it has more trouble getting to the doom/stoner sound than my OR50, but it will do it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191106_211716.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	5817519
        - Tom

Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.

Comment

Yeah I'm more of an OR80 guy but that's really because I'm a Matamp guy.
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

The Green does sound huge. The Orange sounds great but the Green is much more balanced.
            - Tom

Comment

The more I play this cab, the more I like it. It's very focused and lets me turn my amps up louder than my other cabs.
              - Tom

Comment

Working...
              X