X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HArtke XL 4x10 cabinet?

Yes, no, maybe, hell no, hell yes???
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: HArtke XL 4x10 cabinet?

I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ace, what kind of bass sound are you looking for? Those Hartke are great with most amps and bass combos, but their voicings are intense for others

I wouldn't combine it with a Music Man Stingray bass for example -A Musicman is too scooped with freight train lows and a pinny top and would get exaggerated by the Hartke 4x10 I had -(it was a late 90s model)
      Last edited by NegativeEase; 11-07-2019, 10:21 AM.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I was playing bass in a classic rock cover band with that rig. My ‘87 Ibanez has humbucking pickups I made and had a 2-band MusicMan preamp clone.
        Most of the time I had the treble control down and the bass bumped up a little.

I was able to get any type of tone I needed. I didn’t always use the top cab, that’s a 4X8 with a tweeter.

The Hartke cab isn’t overly bright since it doesn’t have a tweeter.

The Hartke LH500 is a fantastic head. It’s like a Fender Dual Showman tube preamp with a beefy power amp. Gets a warm clear tone, and even with one cab could overpower that 6 piece band.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
          I was playing bass in a classic rock cover band with that rig. My ‘87 Ibanez has humbucking pickups I made and had a 2-band MusicMan preamp clone.
          Most of the time I had the treble control down and the bass bumped up a little.

I was able to get any type of tone I needed. I didn’t always use the top cab, that’s a 4X8 with a tweeter.

The Hartke cab isn’t overly bright since it doesn’t have a tweeter.

The Hartke LH500 is a fantastic head. It’s like a Fender Dual Showman tube preamp with a beefy power amp. Gets a warm clear tone, and even with one cab could overpower that 6 piece band.

I've never used their heads.... but their Cabinet sounded pretty amazing with my Fander Jazz or Rick 4003 . -less so with Pbass or Musicman IMO -but still good.

I was using GK heads, Yorkvile and SVT heads at the time.

I'd recommend it -if Ace has the notion.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I'm a fan of those cabs
            TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

This is the 4.5 XL, actually...

I'm not looking for any kind of tones. Just something to sit a small class D bass amp or power amp on top of for stage volume.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                This is the 4.5 XL, actually...

I'm not looking for any kind of tones. Just something to sit a small class D bass amp or power amp on top of for stage volume.
                I say yeh on this.... I mean -they were always at the very least a good sounding cab -sometimes great -and reliable for gigging.

When they were really popular in the 90s, I was recording a lot of artists with them -several times using David Eden bass heads when they were really popular for about 3-4 years -and that was a great combo.
                Last edited by NegativeEase; 11-08-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

One of my regrets is not having a Hartke head + 410 cab when I was actively in the band and playing shows. Using my dumb little 100W 12” was so weak, I always had to scramble to either borrow another bass amp or have them take a DI/mic the cab. Lame. A big 350W would have been so much better.

Not sure what that has to do with anything, but yeah, I’d go for it. They are pretty cheap used now.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Another yay vote.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm thinking I'll go with a Hartke TX300 on top of a used XL 4x10.

Then, I can Run either straight into the amp for sound A, or in the effect return loop with my Ampeg SCR for sound B

Comment

I think I'll add to every bass thread -if anyone is looking for great bass gear for cheap -Look at 90s and 00s Yorkville stuff. It was stellar for the cost and can be had for pennies now a days.

I have two Yorkville heads right now (200 and a 400), both can do classic SVT, Gallen Kruger, Peavey Mach, and Sunn sounds/tones easily.

Yorkville is what Traynor amps became BTW. Affable Canadiens making quality stuff

Comment

Working...
                        X