Incoming New Amp Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming New Amp Day

Made my decision and inbound is.. something...
    It's more than 40w
    It's a class D combo
    It's light.
    Single paper driver. ≥12in
    Brand name has F in it....

Every time I buy something nice for myself something else expensive happens shortly after that makes me go "why did I buy that thing" so here's to saying "damn I'm broke but my bass tone doesn't suck anymore" three months from now. At least I got what I wanted and that's why I bust my butt at work I figure...

Re: Incoming New Amp Day

good plan. better to get what you want than to get something that will do for the moment then pine for the thing you really wanted.

Comment

Well this thing ain't no svt with fridge but that's really just fantasy
      I also got some daddario chromes to try out. I like the sound of used rounds so far but am looking forward to trying them after I sample the amp with the stock strings.

Comment

HA! unless someone is moving your svt & 8x10 you dont want it sounds great but the cab alone is like 175lbs and wont fit in most cars

Comment

Yeaahhh someday I'll have Roadies and a tour crew too you guys watch lolololol

I think a lot of the bass sounds I've liked most at live shows have been svt and at least a 410 but for me and my garage the fender rumble series have a good baked in sound it seems like it has deeper low end then most of ampegs less expensive offerings right now. At least in demos. But the eq on the 40w was very useable so I expect the same on the bigger one I got.

Apparently Monday will be the rumblezzz.

Comment

She rumblezzz much

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Comment

rumble 100? nice

Comment

It's actually a 200

It's perfect for my garage at 140w with the internal 15"

I missed having a gain and volume setup. Can set the input gain low to get a little growl but not a lot of noise, but clean and smooth when volume and/or tone are low.
                Have not used the overdrive or contour button really at all yet
                So far with the eq knobs straight up it's a nice full deep bass for my garage. All the eq controls have good range and are useful. Can dial in more rumble than I need for once lol

Vintage mode, horn off sounds pretty good to me at the low volumes I've tested it at. It's much more room-filling than the 25 and it's got a really gutsy punch playing with a pick that the rumble 40 didn't have for sure.

It's 36 lbs and a little big but well portable regardless!
                Almost silent when not playing. Love it!

Comment

Biggest reason I went for the 200 is the ability to add the extra cab later if I ever find a drummer or whatever to jam with
                  200w with 2 15" I hope would cut it for most small stuff.

Comment

the 200 was a good decision. more is usually better with bass. enjoy the new toy!

Comment

Thanks yeah it took me about a month to decide. Really wanted to be sure that the rumble was gonna not sound choked at home and no quite the opposite, it has the room to do its thing and having it barely on is totally useable

Comment

Working...
                      X