banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to FX loop - not a how question, but where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to FX loop - not a how question, but where?

So I finally got an amp that has an FX loop and with a bit of YTing, I know how to set it up, simple enough.

But when it comes to cabling, are there any tips/tricks you guys have to make it look less like a nest of snakes? I know there's things like pedalsnake, etc, but to be honest my knowledge of these type of things is pretty limited - I've always been a 5 pedals, multi-adapter, plug into the front end kinda guy. Now all of a sudden I've got 8/9 pedals and setting it up without looking like Medusa is a pain.
    'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Re: New to FX loop - not a how question, but where?

Not really, other than pedalsnake (which I have). It’s a pretty simple, elegant solution to the challenge and makes setup/tear-down easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

In addition to pedalsnake or pedal python (or a DIY version), a patch bay to bring all your connections to a single point. Also custom length cables to make everything route evenly (instead of a single cable too long or short). You can DIY that too.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have a Pedal snake, love it. If you don't go that route, take 3 cables, label them and then taken them together with a wrap of electrical tape every 6-12 inches.

Comment

I have 2 18' cables that I zip tied together and color tabbed for in/out on each end.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Yeah, generally people make a loom of some sort (or buy one). Without one, it will be a mess of cables.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If you stick to pedals, there really isn't any good way to do it without some mess. For myself, I decided to go high-end multi-FX. That way I can keep the effects next to the amp, and simply put a controller in front. That is really the only solution I can think of that is more elegant than getting a loom.

Comment

Working...
              X