• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Give me some pedal ideas

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
    Or, you could do what I just did and buy this for the same price:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102022[/ATTACH]

Only four buttons and a switch and it's still more versatile than most other chorus I've tried. It also doesn't have any of those annoying undulations of a normal chorus.
    I like the Dimensions, but it really isn't quite the same as something like a Catalina. The Catalina can vary the amount of chorus by how hard you pick, which is pretty unique. The Dimension really sounds best in stereo, which not many players do these days.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm gonna suggest - get this - a SECOND delay!

Think about a Boss RV-3....Verb and/or Delay.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Ok, think Ive at least settled on a reverb pedal, leaning toward either the EHX Ocean 11, TC Electronics Hall of Fame 2 or Boss RV-6, thoughts, comparisons, etc?
        1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400
        Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

The EHX Ocean 11 is probably the best and most versatile pedal on your list. It can do everything the other two can plus a few other interesting effects. Some are one trick ponies, but others are very useful effects.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
            Or, you could do what I just did and buy this for the same price:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102022[/ATTACH]

Only four buttons and a switch and it's still more versatile than most other chorus I've tried. It also doesn't have any of those annoying undulations of a normal chorus.
            Not a bad word about the Catalina (I've never even seen one), but I can second this recommendation. My chorus hunt ended with the DC-2W (if I could only get that sound in a multi-fx processor!).

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
              Not a bad word about the Catalina (I've never even seen one), but I can second this recommendation. My chorus hunt ended with the DC-2W (if I could only get that sound in a multi-fx processor!).
              How it differs from, say Boss CH pedals or Small Clone tone wise?

It seems the technical aspects, and stereo option, get always the spotlight. How it actually sounds like in different modes in mono?
              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                How it differs from, say Boss CH pedals or Small Clone tone wise?

It seems the technical aspects, and stereo option, get always the spotlight. How it actually sounds like in different modes in mono?
                I find that it is subtler and more musical than a chorus. It has the richness of a good chorus, but loses the warble, which is what I think tends to be a bit too prominent. It doesn't do extreme chorus, so you're not going to get Come as You Are from it. I would rather say that it is the right pedal for somebody who is not really looking for a chorus effect, per se, but to implement some of the widening effect of chous into your tone.

As for the different modes, I would say that 1-3 is really just different grades of chorus, whereas 4 almost gets into flanger territory. This might sound limiting, but the box does an extremely good job at being musical with different tones. I generally want far more chorus in my clean tones than my distorted tones, and on 2, this thing somehow always manages to find the sweet spot. If I wanted a prominent chorus, I could get that by combining 2 and 3 (or replace either with 4). 1 is going to be very subtle, but I could definitely see it working for somebody less invested in 80s aesthetics than myself.
                Last edited by Sirion; 11-28-2019, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X