• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Give me some pedal ideas

Originally posted by Hath74 View Post
    Wah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1
    I have a dunlop mini wah. Such a beautiful think..

Comment

Reverb and chorus.

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulPlayer001 View Post
        Reverb and chorus.
        Definitely like this suggestion.

Still kinda want a fuzz, what Ive heard, I prefer a tighter sounding fuzz versus the wider woolier fuzz tones.
        1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400
        Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Get the Catalinbread Karma Suture. It's an OD/Fuzz pedal that only clips the even-order harmonics, like the ol' Harmonic Percolator. You can dial in the wooliness of the tone as well as the aggression of the clipping diodes.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            Is that you Clint55?
            Wat
            The things that you wanted
            I bought them for you

Comment

Pete Cornish P19, a BBE sonic stomp type pedal, I’m not a fan of the actual BBE, not one similar.wah, chorus. I don’t have a tap tempo delay, so I have 2 delays 1 for long delays and one for short. Volume pedal is fantastic. Maybe an octave. On my board, in addition to some of the listed, I had an overdrive, a Klone and a green Russian fuzz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

cornish p19? ive heard of the skreddy p19 and cornish p1 but not a cornish p19. what is it?

Comment

Chorus, may I suggest the mxr Black label chorus, it's flat amazing.

Wah pedal. Cantrell, hammett, or crybaby.
                  Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

I'm not a big fuzz guy either but these two have worked for fuzz tones that aren't over the top.

I love my Stomp Under Foot Civil War Fuzz. It's a really moderate fuzz that doesn't get so crazy on the high or low end. I also have a zen drive clone that does some cool drive stuff that almost reaches fuzz territory.

Comment

Wha/Volume

Comment

You didn't list a tuner so I won't assume you have one. I've heard the Pitch Black is good, but I'm very happy with a TC Electronic Polytune.

If you are considering fuzz, but don't want to be limited by any fuzz pedal's only suit, check out the Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh Fuzz. It is very versatile and has a lower noise floor than most fuzz pedals.
                        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

If you're considering some potential '80's tones you're missing then definitely consider adding some 'verb and a chorus.
                          I think the Catalina chorus is an underrated gem, and I've seen some on the used market lately for pretty reasonable prices
                          if higher price-point is a concern.
                          As for other kinds of funky fx, like the EHX Octave Multiplex and the Octavix are fun to have for layering some cool octaves
                          and fuzzy overtones into lead playing and stuff, I use those a lot lately.

Comment

For 80s tones, absolutely the Catalina Chorus. It is a remarkably liquid chorus pedal, and I love the dynamic expression feature.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Or, you could do what I just did and buy this for the same price:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191112_121849.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	5817558

Only four buttons and a switch and it's still more versatile than most other chorus I've tried. It also doesn't have any of those annoying undulations of a normal chorus.
                              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Wah, a Klone of some sort, and another delay.
                                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                                X