banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good guitar kill switch for direct mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good guitar kill switch for direct mount?

Meaning, I'll have to drill a hole through the wood of the body. Not pickguard mount. So first, I'm looking for a good kill switch, second, one that is deep enough to be direct mounted. Anyone have suggestions?

Re: Good guitar kill switch for direct mount?

Maybe something like this?
    E-commerce shop and community platform for Fighting Game fans around the world.

I know the quality of Sanwa buttons is top notch, I have them in my arcade stick and they feel amazing. And that one should be deep enough to mount.

You can browse around that website for all kinds of color, style and size options. I think they make mini buttons too if you don't want a hole that big in your guitar

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BeKindRewind; 11-10-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

It depends on what you are looking to do with it. If you are looking for that stuttering effect the button above is the way to go. If you are simply looking to kill the guitar while you sing or play another instrument, it can be accomplished cleanly with a push-pull.

Comment

I've used this one before, and was pleased with it's construction.

People often ask, what is the fastest kill switch you have?. It's this one. The DITO has the lightest spring available in any Tesi Switch. Under constant abuse, this switch will take 10,000,000 (ten million) hits.
        Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

I like the Shadow Killpot. It's a killswitch mounted right to the volume or tone control of the guitar.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Hey that shadow killpot thing is fokkin brilliant!
            Thanks for sharing! Now I'm gonna go spend another hundred bucks on stuff I didn't know I needed!
            Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Do you want a momentary switch (one that will kill the sound as long as you hold the button down), or a switch that will keep the sound dead even after releasing the switch/button?
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Just a momentary switch. I believe they are called normally on.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus View Post
                  Just a momentary switch. I believe they are called normally on.
                  Well, some are normally on, and some are normally off. Just make sure you read the info on the switch before ordering so you get the one you want.

Either will work, but you will have to wire them totally different depending on which one you get. You just need to know what it is...don't assume. However, you can test the switch with a multimeter to see what it is.

Comment

I Installed a Iron Age Killswitch on my EVH.. I'm happy with it. I went with the non led. I put in place of tone control.. just had to make cavity a bit bigger
                    https://ironageaccessories.com/colle...-kill-switches
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	261E54E7-EB46-48C6-B643-805F1B13A613.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	5817585
                    Last edited by TcRoc; 11-18-2019, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TcRoc View Post
                      I Installed a Iron Age Killswitch on my EVH.. I'm happy with it. I went with the non led. I put in place of tone control.. just had to make cavity a bit bigger
                      https://ironageaccessories.com/colle...-kill-switches
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]102082[/ATTACH]
                      Man, those are expensive. Just buy one of these (heck, you could buy 5 of these for that price) and it will even be delivered to your door in one day.

Comment

Those look like the Tesi switches you can get from reverb or anywhere else. Even on Reverb, the markup is crazy at about $10-$15. At $30 or more, that's just ridiculous. They probably purchase them for less than a dollar each.

Comment

I forgot to post the link:

Last edited by GuitarDoc; 11-25-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                            Man, those are expensive. Just buy one of these (heck, you could buy 5 of these for that price) and it will even be delivered to your door in one day.
                            Yes on high side lol. I saw a couple ads for them and just pulled the trigger. Hey it came pre-wired lol. But hey I like it,thats all that matters

Comment

Working...
                            X