Best Value Tap Delay....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Value Tap Delay....

With me moving from Line 6 amps with onboard effects, to a tube amp with none, I'm looking for a decent delay with tap feature.
    Last edited by Butch Snyder; 11-11-2019, 09:31 AM. Reason: Extra info
    -Butch

Re: Best Value Tap Delay....

What kind of delay flavor are you after? Digital, analog, tape ? Any other features you like/want apart from tap? There are so many in the market it would help to narrow it down

Comment

The Seymour Duncan Deja Vu is a great tap delay that does both digital and analog. They pop up used for about 100$ now and again.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Generally speaking...

Digital delays will make a straight copy of your sound and will generally have the most variety in the different effects it can do to the repeats. Some delays have simulations for the other two mentioned here.

Analog delays will generally get darker/less-defined and may even distort/clip as they repeat depending on the settings. This is my personal favorite.

Tape echos will provide an almost "low-quality" repeat of the sound, which can sound pretty cool.

Delays into the front of your overdriven amp or drive pedals will distort less for the repeats because the repeats' signals are not as strong. Delays into the effects loop will do a straight repeat.

If I am wrong about these, please someone correct me.

Comment

Deja Vu, certainly.
          The Flashback 2 just added it, and the DL4 does this sort of thing really well.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Looking for a decent digital delay and need to be able to tap tempo with it. Does not need to be boutique by any means.
            -Butch

Comment

Best Value Tap Delay....

Thanks. For Digital on the simple side Boss DD-3T, DD-5, DD-7; TC Nova delay on more complex side; Strymon Dig on the fancy side. Deja vu is great, DL4 is a classic. Flashback 2 is fine but I prefer having a dedicated tap button.
              Last edited by Blille; 11-11-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

fully analog delay with tap is usually very expensive so digital is probably the way to go. i love the duncan deja vu and have one on my board that i use all the time, totally worth it if you can find one used

Comment

https://reverb.com/item/25623544-sey...vu-delay-pedal <- Used for about 100$ :P
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                    Hmmmmm......
                    -Butch

Comment

EHX Canyon. It'll do any type of delay you want and sounds great doing it. Super versatile, and $150 brand new.

Comment

Or if you want to go completely over the top, the EHX Grand Canyon. It can be had for only ~$30 more if you buy a used one, but it can do a whole lot more and comes in stereo.
                        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

My fav is a visual sound tap delay with a time bandit. Just spin the dial to the BPM and the delay is set perfectly.

Comment

For quality/flexibility at a decent price point, it’s hard to beat the TC Flashback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I ordered the Deja Vu.
                              -Butch

Comment

Working...
                              X