Kinda NAD - Fender JCM80?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda NAD - Fender JCM80?

Yeah, this is a kind of confusing amp but pretty cool in my opinion. I started with a rackmount Fender M80 that came in one of those ugly grey carpeted cabs. It was mounted in a JCM style cabinet. The cab is a Fender FM412. The stock speakers are pretty good but I had a set of Celestion 70/80s and popped them in there. Finished it off with some Silverface cloth and 70's logos and bam! I gave it a test run but won't get a chance to crank it up until tomorrow night.

Re: Kinda NAD - Fender JCM80?

What do you think about the 70/80's?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      What do you think about the 70/80's?
      I don't know why they get such a bad rap they are great for hard rock and metal. There is nothing "bad" sounding about the speakers. I had them in the Fender Quad and replaced them with the A-Types. Since I had them laying around I figured why the hell not.

Comment

I replaced a couple of bad Jaguars in a Randall can with them. In an x pattern with the remaining Jaguars I think that they sound pretty good.

Comment

Looks good to me.
          I'm not sure if I understand - did you build the housing for the head?

Comment

Nice work.
            I don't mind the 70/80. It's a neutral sound to me.

Comment

you know its a badass amp when its 80w and has a headphone jack too

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
                Looks good to me.
                I'm not sure if I understand - did you build the housing for the head?
                No, I got the housing from Mojotone. My woodworking skills are good enough to build the cab but I know I would butcher the vinyl job.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  you know its a badass amp when its 80w and has a headphone jack too
                  Adding to the quirkiness of this amp it is 94 watts RMS.

Comment

Those old M 80's are brutal metal amps. I remember them well as was working for a Fender dealer back then fun old beasts.
                    Guitars
                    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                      Those old M 80's are brutal metal amps. I remember them well as was working for a Fender dealer back then fun old beasts.
                      The cleans are also amazing. The only thing I haven't dialed out of the amp is organic sounding "slight" tube breakup. It seems to go from 0 - 60 when it comes to gain. I am sure if I spent more time with it I could get it there but that is not what I bought the amp for. I bought it to go to 60.

Comment

It's an amazing metal amp because the cleans are so good.

Comment

That's what makes for the nice tight, dry, scooped Gottenburg sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                            That's what makes for the nice tight, dry, scooped Gottenburg sound.
                            I haven't taken the amp that deep and dark but I am sure it could get there. The EQ on the amp is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              I haven't taken the amp that deep and dark but I am sure it could get there. The EQ on the amp is amazing.
                              I have no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X