Noiseless or not noiseless, that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noiseless or not noiseless, that is the question

Hi, I've an Ibanez AZ2204-TAB and I'm going to change the standard pickups and also the 5 way switch. I want this switching system:

Click image for larger version

Name:	highlight_char_controls_DK24_2pt_HSS_5W.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	5853104

The pickups will be: Perpetual burn in the bridge, Classic stack plus (STK-S4m) or Duckbucker (SDBR-1n) in the middle and Vintage Rails (SVR-1n) in the neck.

Now the question is: if I choosed the Duckbucker there would be no chances that the 2 position would be noiseless, because the Duckbucker is not rwrp.

If I choosed the Classic stack, that is an rwrp pickup, in the 2 and 4 positions it would have to be splitted and then I'm not sure that the 2 positions in question would be noiseless because I don't know if the Classic stack splitted would be compatible with the Perpetual burn inner coil and with the Vintage Rails.

I hope to have explain myself enough clearly....

Re: Noiseless or not noiseless, that is the question

Well, a Duckbucker is a humbucker, so that mixed with a coil from the full size humbucker will still have hum. Same issue with position 3 being the full Vintage Rails (works as a humbucker) and the other coil of the full size humbucker- you will still have some hum.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Well, a Duckbucker is a humbucker, so that mixed with a coil from the full size humbucker will still have hum. Same issue with position 3 being the full Vintage Rails (works as a humbucker) and the other coil of the full size humbucker- you will still have some hum.
      Thanks for your help. I was sure that the Duckbucker would not have given me any noiseless positions...and what about the Classic stack ?

Comment

The Classic Stack can be noiseless (only if you split it) with one coil of the humbucker.

Comment

The Classic Stack can be noiseless (only if you split it) with one coil of the humbucker.
          Yes of course And it would be noiseless also in position 4, when it's in parallel with the Vintage Rails ?

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricGypsy View Post
            Yes of course And it would be noiseless also in position 4, when it's in parallel with the Vintage Rails ?
            If you are using both coils of the Classic Stack, yes.

Comment

If you are using both coils of the Classic Stack, yes.
              No, I meant splitted. So I guess that if I use the Classic stack splitted I won't get a noiseless combination in position 4...

Comment

No, I meant splitted. So I guess that if I use the Classic stack splitted I won't get a noiseless combination in position 4...
                No, as it will be in combination with the Vintage Rails, which can't be split. So there is no reason to split the Classic Stack in the middle. Keep everything hum-cancelling.

Comment

Why a Duckbucker? Why not two Classic Stack Plus?
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                    +1. Even a true single would work for what your doing.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
                    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Honestly, I like the Classic Stack much better than the Vintage Rails or Duckbucker.

Comment

Yes, I've said on my first post that the Classic stack plus (STK-S4m) is my second option . I'm torn between the Duckbucker and the Classic stack plus, as middle pickup...

Honestly, I like the Classic Stack much better than the Vintage Rails or Duckbucker.
                        Honestly I'm trying to achieve a sort of Andy Timmons kind of tone as far as the neck and middle pickups. So a sort of strat tone, but much more round without noise and piercing highs. Based on the description I've assumed that the Vintage Rails would have been the closer pickup to the Dimarzio Cruiser...am I wrong ?
                        Last edited by ElectricGypsy; 11-16-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

The Duckbucker can’t be split, the Classic Stack Plus can be split. If you auto split in 2/4, the Classic Stack Plus seems ideal. One standard, one “STK-S4m” middle version.
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The Duckbucker can’t be split, the Classic Stack Plus can be split. If you auto split in 2/4, the Classic Stack Plus seems ideal. One standard, one “STK-S4m” middle version.
                            Yes, I know that the Classic stack plus can be splitted I've wrote this on my first post:
                            If I choosed the Classic stack, that is an rwrp pickup, in the 2 and 4 positions it would have to be splitted...

My original question wasn't if the Classic stack plus can be splitted or not, and also I know that the Vintage rails can't be splitted...the first question was:
                            If I choosed the Classic stack, that is an rwrp pickup, in the 2 and 4 positions it would have to be splitted and then I'm not sure that the 2 positions in question would be noiseless because I don't know if the Classic stack splitted would be compatible with the Perpetual burn inner coil and with the Vintage Rails.
                            My doubt was about the compatibility between the Perpetual Burn inner coil and the Classic stack plus STK-S4m splitted, and also between the Classic stack plus STK-S4m splitted and the Vintage rails. This was the doubut that started the whole thred...

Comment

Now after the discussion, thanks to your tips the situation is this: Perpetual Burn in the bridge, Classic stack plus STK-S4m in the middle and in the neck the Vintage rails or maybe there's something closer to my needs...any tip ?

Comment

Working...
                              X