Favorite bass tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite bass tone

Mike Elizondo and Bootsy Collins as well. Bass kings.
    Soundcloud

Comment

I see that quite a few of you mentioned Chris Squire.
      Although he is a phenomenal musician I never liked his tone. Not enough girth and way too much high end and the pick attack is distracting

Comment

I had an Epiphone EB-0;

my favourite bass.

Unfortunately, i lost it in an accident. :/

But if I can find one used; I'll buy one in a hurry!! especially nice, with flats!

great value for the money aswell.
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
          I see that quite a few of you mentioned Chris Squire.
          Although he is a phenomenal musician I never liked his tone. Not enough girth and way too much high end and the pick attack is distracting
          The high end was the treble pickup through a Marshall guitar amp. The low end is the other pickup through an SVT. Similar to the way Billy Sheehan does his rig.
          Dave LaRue from the Dixie Dregs & Flying Colors gets a great tone, which keeps the articulation there through very fast playing.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
            Don't laugh.....

i forgot how catchy that tune, and the guitar solo, are.

Comment

^ I remember thinking the bass sounded epic when I saw them junior year in 02 or so. That was when I only played bass. He was pumping 8ths and the band was cooking as hell. I was so impressed.

I love punk bass. You can do so much cuz the guitars are playing power chords the whole time so the bass can define the tonality and do whatever it wants.

Last edited by Clint 55; 08-05-2020, 01:34 AM.
              The things that you wanted
              I bought them for you

Comment

The acoustic bass on Alice In Chains' MTV Unplugged moves me everytime.

Comment

Only one? Nope..I've got a few.

Black, Sabbath, Trashed, original, Video, new wave, indie rock, glam rock, bulgarian music, alternative rock, thrash metal music, rap, eastern european music

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Title track off this absolutely amazing, totally underrated neoclassical metal gem.John West - VocalsGeorge Bellas - GuitarsBarry Sparks - 6 String BassMike ...
                  "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                  If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

..and Steve Digiorgio's killer fretless tone on Death's ITP
                    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

When you're listening to this song and the bass break comes in, anything you're doing is suddenly 10X cooler
                      Last edited by Chistopher; 07-10-2020, 09:13 AM.
                      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

The things that you wanted
                        I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
                        X