banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring for Hot Rails in an S1 enabled Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring for Hot Rails in an S1 enabled Strat?

Hi Folks, wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I've searched all over the forum and everywhere else i can think of but no luck yet. I really want to put a set of Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in my new American Elite Strat but can't find a wiring diagram specific to this combination. i have diagrams of the strat with their stock 4th gen noiseless single coils. I also have diagrams of Hot Rails in non S1 enabled strats. What i'm really looking for is information specific to this combo. Really don't want to mess anything up here but I''d also really like to have this done by this coming friday as I have a big show that night.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Re: Wiring for Hot Rails in an S1 enabled Strat?

Welcome to the forum!

What do you want the S1 switch to do with the Hot Rails? Just turn it on in other positions? Series/parallel? Split it?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks for the welcome note. I should have made my ask a little clearer. I'm primarily interested in splitting.

Comment

I might also suggest you try the Hot Rails in parallel, as it will still hum-cancelling, and a lot of people think it is a more usable sound than splitting.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks, I'll definitely give that a go. I'm definitely open to suggestion, just need resources to figure out how to wire it.

Comment

Had one in split and it was weak. I'd go for the parallel like Mincer says. I didn't do parallel myself though.

Comment

Working...
            X