Eric Church Nashville Tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Church Nashville Tone?

What type of Amps do Nashville Musicians use who play with Artists such as Eric Church?
    I have a Line 6 helix and was hoping to use an amp similar to what Nashville country/rock artists use. I play in a cover band and needed a tone similar to the recording.

Any help is appreciated

Re: Eric Church Nashville Tone?

It should be pretty easy to see some CMA or other live performances to see how they do it live. In the studio it could be anything.

Traditionally, Country was Telecasters and Fender Amps, but there are a lot of Les Pauls, super Strats, Marshalls and Voxes lately. Those Marshalls may be Friedmans and those Voxes may be Top Hats and Dr. Z.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        It should be pretty easy to see some CMA or other live performances to see how they do it live. In the studio it could be anything.

Traditionally, Country was Telecasters and Fender Amps, but there are a lot of Les Pauls, super Strats, Marshalls and Voxes lately. Those Marshalls may be Friedmans and those Voxes may be Top Hats and Dr. Z.
        I looked up Church's main guitarists and it was Jeff Cease a Black Crows alumni, and Driver Williams an endorse of PRS for both guitars and amps. So not your granpa's tele through clean amp formula. You could probably start exploring the Marshall, Hiwatt, Vox, and Mesa Boogie patches and see what you come up with.

Comment

Working...
        X