Pickup help for reggae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pickup help for reggae

the 5/2 is a great pup, so is the ssl2, but i dont like either of them with 550k pots

bob marley played a lp special with p90s live, not sure in the studio

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus View Post
      Lets not forget that Bob Marley played a Les Paul. These don't all have to be single coil suggestions.
      Didn’t he play a LP Special with P90s?
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

:P
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Another option may be the APS-II. They are more mellow sounding true single coils and may do well with the 500k pots.

Comment

the aps2 have a softer top end but they are still pretty bright pups. i love em, but not with 500k pots

Comment

Would I be better with the reverse polarity (RWRP) for the middle?
              I just asked the sales guy and he says the one he has (non RWRP) can be used in any position?
              Thanks

Edit:think I found my answer in this thread; Middle Single coil for Mark Halcomb set
              Last edited by Conestone; 11-25-2019, 07:57 AM.

Comment

The regular, non-rwrp, single coil will be hum cancelling with standard splitting to the inner humbucker coils. Either will work though, depending on how you want to wire it.
                The things that you wanted
                I bought them for you

Comment

Bob played a LP Special with P90s.

Comment

You can use any pickup you want for reggae. Just turn the volume down until it sounds anemic and use the amp to bring it back to concert level.

Comment

Lace Alumitone single. It should provide plenty of spank in any position that it's wired to.

Comment

Working...
                      X