Sound Stone = EBow copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Stone = EBow copy?

The Sound Stone is a battery-powered electronic device for playing the electric guitar. The Sound Stone uses patent-pending technology to induce string vibrations on your electric guitar, allowing for different tonal varieties and sustained notes.

A friend of mine just forwarded me this.

It looks/sounds like an EBow (43 year old tech) at 1/3rd the price and with no LED or harmonic mode.

Thoughts? Personally I like the price point but I wonder if we're looking at lawsuit territory here.

Re: Sound Stone = EBow copy?

I have 2 Ebows, one from the first year of production, and a late 90s one. I bought them used, and they are indispensable for me. If this gets people to upgrade to a full EBow, I am all for it.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Well, you can’t beat the price and it does have a
      14 day money back guarantee. TC electronics
      also has a hand held sustaining device out and
      that runs around $69. Might have to get me one!

Comment

There is a video out there comparing the TC one with 2 different Ebows, and the Ebows sounded noticeably better, and the reviewer said the Ebows were much easier to use.

Comment

I own a later iteration ebow as well, but I don't use it for anything currently. It is hiding with my capos and slides. I would definitely like to do my own comparison if I had any reason to use one. Back in the worship band days it was a "must have" tool.

I wonder if they can dodge the infringement bullet by simply altering the shape or using a different type of magnet and/or battery. I wonder if the Ebow patent expired. They do have to be renewed ... right?
          I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]102247[/ATTACH]
            Ha! I remember Ebows came with these pins. Mine has a leather holster.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0896.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	5817692

Comment

Working...
            X