RFI Picked up by Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RFI Picked up by Amp

As a quick follow up, the amp picks up no interference when there are no instrument cables plugged into the amp at all – meaning nothing plugged into the loop or into the front of the amp.

Comment

Re: RFI Picked up by Amp

Originally posted by lukemh987 View Post
      The outlets are three-pronged. Moving the amp and plugging it into different outlets hasn't done anything to remedy the problem. I live in an apartment, which was recently renovated but probably dates back to the 70s, so the power definitely is shared across units. I have a small reader that plugs into the power outlets and tells you if there are any problems with the outlet (open ground/open neutral/open hot/correct/hot ground rev/hot neutral rev), and that says the outlet is fine ("Correct").

I appreciate the questions–hopefully my responses get us closer to figuring out how to resolve this problem.
      Another guess is you have voltage potential between the ground and neutral in your home. Pretty common in residential installs
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
      X