Catalinbread 5F6 made my fuzzes useless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalinbread 5F6 made my fuzzes useless

I've interested about Bassman type pedals for a year or two now, since I tried out Bassman model of Mustang in front of Orange. Huge hairy sound, (Mississippi Queen sort of).

I di bought couple of "bass heavy" OD's back then that we're nothing like that, so I promptly sold them. Later I bought Tech 21 Blonde in hopes of getting close to that fuzzed out brilliance I remembered (had already sold the Orange). It had really weird annoying mids, and huge way too flabby sounding bass I couldn't dial out, so I ditched the thing and forgot about it.

Since Catalinbread went out of business, I saw 5F6 for good price on sale in classifieds, I had to pick it up.

It's exactly what I recalled. Set in front of distorted Egnater, it delivers that huge hairy growl along with Big Muff type sustain. It's perfect Fuzz sound, and practically made the two fuzzes I had useless.

Brilliant pedal.

I know it's meant to be a preamp pedal, but I have no need for that.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Re: Catalinbread 5F6 made my fuzzes useless

Wait, when did Catalinbread go out of business? Their website is still up.

Comment

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t=Catalinbread

Well, not yet out of business, but I got the impression the people actually building the pedals walked out and started their own company...
      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"

Comment

Ah, thanks for the reminder, I vaguely remember the conversation. What is Gee's new company?

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
          Ah, thanks for the reminder, I vaguely remember the conversation. What is Gee's new company?
          I don't remember...

Comment

Kittycaster, but they only have an Instagram post so far.

Sent from my SM-A750GN using Tapatalk
            "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” --John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by Hecubus View Post
              Kittycaster, but they only have an Instagram post so far.

Sent from my SM-A750GN using Tapatalk
              That's such crappy name my subconcious probably forgot it on purpose.

Comment

I love my 5F6, but haven't used it this way. I have been using it as an always on, fattener, more better box, bassman-y thing, mostly for my Strat. I'm gonna have to try to push it into some other dirt. I usually keep the 5F6 last in my dirt chain. The 3 band EQ really helps me shape what is before it.

And, I can't wait to see what kinda pedals come out of Kittycaster. Gee is a mastermind.

Comment

Working...
                X