• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finally took the plunge...

Thanks! ..no not a free one ..but it is one of their cheaper one's

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Finally checked out the looper & like everything else about this modeler it's pretty sweet!

Imported a Youtube backing track I'd saved on my comp before which was pretty easy to do ..loaded it up ..set my backing track vs. lead levels & jammed a solo over it with the looper. Used an onboard lead preset (US Gold Lead) from the Mooer & an Ownhammer Marshall 1960 cab IR (The one you pointed me to Dankstar ..killer! ) ..turned out pretty sweet I thought. Very nice clear audio mix..

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

And V2 with the looper....

I was messing around last night trying to see if I could maybe dial in a Mike Romeo (Symphony X) kinda lead tone. I know he uses Engl's so I started with one of those & went a bit crazy with compression, delay & reverb then added a lite wah & assigned the onboard expression pedal to my preset & jammed another solo...

Guess I ended up with something more Dragonforce than Symphony X ...both playing & tone-wise. Probably make for a sweet game soundtrack

Youtube

Comment

Another day another jam..my Laboga TB 30 Plus tone capture patch with a free Fat Lazy Cabs IR (G12 T75).

More sliding around than tapping this one...but it still has that Dragonforce/power metal kinda vibe. Lol, I can go on all day with the this looper (or just any looper in general )

Also tried 'Guitar Tone Capturing' my 7 stringer's tone & using that with with my 6 string Charvel. Wel, It did'nt sound like a 7 string as the low B string of the 7 did'nt copy to the low Eb of my Charvel. But it did however make my Charvel sound a lot like the 7 string excluding the low B string. ..ie the tone/timbre of the Charvel matched the tone of the 7 string (Ibby S7421) ..but not it's tuning after the capturing was done. It was like the low B of the seven was just left out of the process and the rest of the strings were then matched up tone-wise.
          Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 12-23-2019, 12:52 AM.

Youtube

Comment

Do you have any tracks of just the lead?
            The whole thing sounds good, but the backing tracks are making it hard for me to hear the differences in the lead track.
            Either that, or you are dealing with the same thing that I am; it all sounds good, but the different models don't sound that radically different from each other.

Comment

None of just the lead from the last three uploads i did of the looper jams ('cause it outputs everything together.. ie..my solo is part of the track that's output from the looper..can't separate them when it's done..)

I could maybe pull some solo tracks off one of the older tracks that I did with Reaper (same thing basically my solo over a youtube backing track I d/l'ed)

Regarding the models not sounding different well ..they all do to me I guess, but it could be that I have (in general) a particular lead sound I go for and pick models/edit models that kind of fit that mold (maybe I tend to pick the same delays/reverbs/cabs etc)?

My amp tone capture's that I've done so far to my ears sound 99% like the amps that were captured as well..I think the differences do come through pretty clear (at least I can hear them).

Having said that the Cab's/IR's especially tend to color things a certain way more than you might think (just like with real cabs...) especially the Ownhammer ones. I think they sound and feel great but they have a particular sound that affects the overall guitar tone pretty strongly.

But yeah..this was the first video I posted & here I pretty much randomly scrolled through presets & picked the first couple of tones to highlight their differences...(and they do sound radically different.)

But since then I've just picked and edited presets to my taste..so maybe that's why they aren't as completely different

There's something like 140 presets in this thing ...so lots of choices, some more different than others (..no they don't all sound the same )

Youtube

Comment

I listened to them an they all sounded good. But they didn't sound demonstratively different. That's not so much a criticism as an observation. I've been recording my band for the last 15 years and no matter what I do differently, it all still sounds like us.

Comment

Fair enough, though at the end of the day one high gain lead tone can only be so different from another .. I wouldn't expect really huge radical differences & I'm pretty sure i wasn't trying to go for them either. We all have a sound in our heads that we gravitate towards ..consciously or not

Youtube

Comment

Just did another tone capture. Turned out to be really, really close as usual

This was with my 15W Goldea Rex 3200 head (which I bought 8-9 years ago straight from the factory in Tianjin, PRC for $150)

Youtube

Comment

Ok...same but different..

This one's with the solo recorded using a mic'd cab (no IR). Used my DIY 1x12 cab with an Eminence Legend GB128 + Audio-Technica MB-2K dynamic mic up close.

Also the guitar was different this time (my Charvel with a Custom 5 in the bridge, not the Ibby S-540 I've been using so far)..and lastly I set the amp sim ie. my Goldea Rex 3200 Tone Capture (..same as the one up ^^there) to the HD setting for a change ('hi-def' not "original" which is all I've used so far) ..so quite different from the vid's above as far as settings/recording goes.

Turned out pretty nice I think
                      Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 01-05-2020, 01:33 AM.

Youtube

Comment

I’m impressed with the tone capture! Your tones and recordings are always getting better so I’m looking forward to see what you can do with this bad boy moving forward. Maybe I ought to invest in one so I can take my tones on a plane and not have to pray there’s a decent backline.
                        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Yeah. the tone capture is pretty amazing.. it's spot on down to the feel/response/dynamics of the amp & everything. It's so close that when I'm A/B'ing my Tone capture with the real amp afterwards, I forget which is which unless I'm looking at the switches. The only thing you have to be particular about is matching volume/output levels (and he amount of gain) between your'target' (amp you're capturing) & the 'Source' amp model from the Mooer that you're usuing as a rough guide/template. Get those close (easy as **** to do) & your Tone Capture will be right on the money

When we play gigs..most are local (not much travelling to do) & I only ever just use the one amp & tone lol ..no pedalboard...nothing. So I don't really need the Mooer for that & prefer to stick with my amps. But it is totally awesome for me to record with and it's made the whole process way simpler/easier..not to mention a whole lot better sounding result-wise
                          Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 01-11-2020, 10:56 PM.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                          X