Wampler Terraform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wampler Terraform

I was *this close* to buying a Boss MD200, when the Wampler Terraform came across my radar.

I think I'm gonna hold out for this instead. I think I may actually use all of the effects on this, 8 presets, pre/post routing, and some other cool stuff. Plus I think it sounds a little better.

Thoughts?

Re: Wampler Terraform

It’s been in development for a while... should be available in the wild now.

Really what you are looking at is ease of use vs the MD-200 (no menu diving) and comparison of algorithms. Ideally you’d compare them both. As much as I enjoy watching decent gear demos on youtube, the way it sounds and reacts to your rig and playing is so important, the demos are just kind of to get interest.

Wampler makes great stuff, I was considering the Terraform, but I think I’ll stick with the Mobius for now.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

A good portion of my pedalboard(s) real estate is occupied by Wampler gear, I'm very impressed with the quality of their products....

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
        A good portion of my pedalboard(s) real estate is occupied by Wampler gear, I'm very impressed with the quality of their products....
        Me too, I’ve probably got 7 or 8 Wampler drive pedals. That’s a great example of giving stuff for free equating to sales. I watched and learned a lot from his YouTube channel over the years, and listen to the podcast. It got me interested in the pedal lineup and I started with a used Pinnacle and went from there.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Pete Thorn just put a Terraform demo up, so I guess I won't be able to get one for about 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
            Pete Thorn just put a Terraform demo up, so I guess I won't be able to get one for about 6 months.
            Wampler Terraform Modulation Multi Effect Pedal

https://reverb.com/item/29945520-wam...ntent=29945520 Wampler Terraform Modulation Multi Effect Pedal
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              Wampler Terraform Modulation Multi Effect Pedal

https://reverb.com/item/29945520-wam...ntent=29945520 Wampler Terraform Modulation Multi Effect Pedal
              Oh wow someone has 'em.

Hopefully that means they'll start showing up used within a few months.

Comment

Heard this at NAMM earlier this year and was impressed, glad to see it's finally getting out there. Wampler does some really awesome stuff, this pedal is definitely no exception. I'll be curious to see how this winds up being received in comparison to the MD200.

Comment

OK, so a quick update. I found this in stock at a local Guitar Center, and I tried it out.

It's small... about the same width as the MD200 casing but not as deep. Great for crowded, or just small boards. Controls felt very solid.

The sounds: i will say right away that I can hear the difference between a digital Univibe and one with an optical circuit. There's a distinct harmonic content difference there. Additionally, my Analogman chorus really spoiled me for that kind of sound...

...but this pedal is really, really something. Very rich and detailed sound. Just enough tweak-ability to dial in lots of sounds but not enough to get lost in. Great control setup for adjustments. Easy preset storing and recall. I typically am not a huge fan of Flanger sounds but I had a really hard time getting a sound I didn't like from this one. The Dimension sounds are excellent - crystal clear. The Rotary sounds are really detailed, and the envelope filter tracks perfectly. RE: the envelop filter... I was playing some Bela Fleck-ish "Scratch and Sniff" style licks and a few people in the store wandered over to see what i was using. I was testing it with a Tele and a Princeton.

That's how I would describe this pedal overall; really rich and detailed. Would I get better sounds out of individual analog pedals for some of the effects? Maybe, but I don't have that kind of $$ to spend and I don't want to haul them all to a gig.

It also didn't feel like overkill, even through all of the features. I feel like I might actually use everything on this pedal, given enough time. It's inspiring. I'm sold on it.
                  Last edited by B2D; 12-10-2019, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Well, the video makes a strong case, indeed. It isn't a sound I would use often, although I love it when others use it.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Well, a lightly used one came up at a slight discount on Reverb, so I got it. Should be here in a little under a week.

Comment

The biggest shock is how small it is.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                          The biggest shock is how small it is.
                          I know... I was looking for something around MD200 size and I missed it the first time I looked in the display case.

Comment

I’ve wanted to build a pedal board for some time, but I keep putting it on the back burner because other expenses and purchases keep popping up.

I think the Terraform pedal has changed my thinking. I currently only have a wah, a tuner pedal, and a bunch of overdrive pedals. It looks like this pedal can pedal can complete my needs. What do you guys think? It’s got just about every function that I would have bought several individual pedals to get. I think this pedal, two or three of my overdrives, the wah, and the tuner is a pretty functional board that would fit on fairly compact board. Simple, minimal, but lots of options. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X