NAD: Marshall SV20H! Classic RAWK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAD: Marshall SV20H! Classic RAWK!

Looked at those when I was looking for a small compact great sounding head. REALLY good sounding little heads and you are spot on that these big bottle small amps are LOUD!! I wound up with the PRS MT 15 and it's easier to control my 50 watt Mesa boogie DC 5 head at low volumes than the 15 watt PRS is. The little 15 watt PRS will stand toe to toe with both the DC 5 and my 50 watt Carvin X 50 head on the same cab also. If you are looking for low volume bedroom amps these little big bottle heads are NOT it!!
    That said I was looking for a different type tone as my one year only Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head gives me flat amazing Marshall tone in spades. If I was not looking for a more modern style fat smooth crunch and a great clean in a small package but a killer Marshall tone would have bought that little Marshall as it impressed the heck out of me!! GREAT little amps CONGRATS!!
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
      Looked at those when I was looking for a small compact great sounding head. REALLY good sounding little heads and you are spot on that these big bottle small amps are LOUD!! I wound up with the PRS MT 15 and it's easier to control my 50 watt Mesa boogie DC 5 head at low volumes than the 15 watt PRS is. The little 15 watt PRS will stand toe to toe with both the DC 5 and my 50 watt Carvin X 50 head on the same cab also. If you are looking for low volume bedroom amps these little big bottle heads are NOT it!!
      That said I was looking for a different type tone as my one year only Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head gives me flat amazing Marshall tone in spades. If I was not looking for a more modern style fat smooth crunch and a great clean in a small package but a killer Marshall tone would have bought that little Marshall as it impressed the heck out of me!! GREAT little amps CONGRATS!!
      Thanks! I also own an MT15 and those are much easier to control indeed. The master volume helps in that regard. It's a much more modern sounding amp though whereas the SV20H is very vintage sounding. I love both though. I think the MT15 is a great pedal platform because of the solid clean channel.
      Owner and founder of Sonic Drive Studio & social media manager for OwnHammer.

Facebook.com/sonicdrivestudio
      OwnHammer.com

Comment

I have the SC20H and I highly recommend it. Its a full on JCM800 monster. Your LTD should sound killer through it. Congratulations on the SC. I haven't played one yet but from what I've heard its a must have.

Comment

Originally posted by Repoman View Post
          I have the SC20H and I highly recommend it. Its a full on JCM800 monster. Your LTD should sound killer through it. Congratulations on the SC. I haven't played one yet but from what I've heard its a must have.
          Thanks! Yeah I'm loving it. I had so much gas that I jumped on a 2525HD3 black Friday deal. Just had to jump on that... Lol
          Owner and founder of Sonic Drive Studio & social media manager for OwnHammer.

Facebook.com/sonicdrivestudio
          OwnHammer.com

Comment

Working...
          X