Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lincoln Brewster Stratocaster

Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
    The more you watch it the more you notice. Does he wax his chest hair to get it looking all doughy, or did it all get ripped out by the zippers on his leather catsuit? His shirt collar looks like what happens when four year olds continually pull their shirt over their face to blow their nose into it. It's one thing when Fender sponsors you, but another when you have to take an endorsement deal from jowls and male pattern baldness.
    Fender will make out like a bandit on endorsing him. What you don't know is how the Worship community are the most clickish cork sniffin bunch of gear hounds on the planet. I know because I have been playing in the Worship community almost exclusively for 20 + years now. Terrifyingly good players who are super down to earth in my circles but in the overall community---. just sayin they make groups like the Gear Page look absolutely pedestrian in cork sniffing chops on most of the big worship sites! So get a big endorser in that click and it's a GOLD mine!
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I thought the same thing. It is everything I hate about guitar.
      Feel you trust me. It's with folk like this and Church settings like this where I'm at home not that mess!!
      Last edited by Ascension; 11-27-2019, 11:24 PM.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        ummm... might be a great guitar, but i cant watch that video. 40 something year old with that haircut playing in a church? no thanks.
        You think that was cringe worthy this is his home Church Christmas service! GREAT music but that stage show in a Church gives me the willies and I'm a WORSHIP player!! !
        Last edited by Ascension; 11-28-2019, 12:22 AM.
        Guitars

Comment

*shiver*
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I find the idea of people being elitist about expensive guitar equipment while playing music praising a man who preached the explicit opposite of both their attitude and spending habits....extraordinarily ironic.

That being said I have noticed a disproportionate amount of people mentioning playing at church on guitar forums like these, so clearly it is a real phenomenon.

EDIT: Clarified because I feel called out by Mincer
            Last edited by oilpit; 11-29-2019, 12:42 AM.
            Originally posted by jcthejester13
            Some musicians are good, and some are not so good. Some musicians use guitars, and some don't use guitars. The end.

Comment

The only problem is what has been displayed in this thread. I used to play on worship team, but left after getting fed up with this elitist nonsense and nitpicking about the appearance or style of another person. How utterly stupid and childish. You would figure Christians would be beyond that, and it embarrasses me to be counted among such things. Walking away from that garbage was the best thing I ever did.

Comment

This thread has become one of those "bash Nirvana" threads that Clint keeps inadvertently creating, except instead of clulessly bashing the stereotypes of grunge, its CCM.
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

You can bash the music all you want, but keep the religion or attacks on other forum members for playing it out of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by oilpit View Post
                    I find the idea of people being elitist about expensive guitar equipment while playing music praising a man who preached the explicit opposite of both their attitude and spending habits....extraordinarily ironic.

That being said I have noticed a disproportionate amount of people mentioning playing at church on guitar forums like these, so clearly it is a real phenomenon.

EDIT: Clarified because I feel called out by Mincer
                    Agree with you on the paradox and many of us on the worship side see it also and are disturbed by it. I'm my circles it's not that way and frankly is why you see so many guys like me who are primarily worship players on sites like this one instead of just hanging in the worship clicks. We are players first just like most of you guys here but have our own specific challenges in our playing environments. We are in a different world from a normal club player. Our world is more like being in the band at a Broadway musical production or the backing band on something like American Idol. Many of us have to run silent stages and in many places you walk in with an amp for a set you better prepare for a war with the sound man. Many of the guys I play with have spent years on the road, a few with some of the biggest name bands on the planet. We have gotten older settled down have families. Many like myself almost offed ourselves with excesses then came back to faith and our roots so we now play in Churches because our faith saved our lives. We ask simply for respect as just other players who work in a different environment than some of you do.
                    Last edited by Ascension; 11-29-2019, 01:34 AM.
                    Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by shred4Him View Post
                      The only problem is what has been displayed in this thread. I used to play on worship team, but left after getting fed up with this elitist nonsense and nitpicking about the appearance or style of another person. How utterly stupid and childish. You would figure Christians would be beyond that, and it embarrasses me to be counted among such things. Walking away from that garbage was the best thing I ever did.
                      Feel you and trust me the entire community is not like that far far from it but I have absolutely seen what you speak of. Sorry you have been through that as so have I and it's not cool. PS I'm the guy who at times plays stuff like a Pearl Pink 1990 Carvin X 220 through a Boogie in a Church on Sunday Morning so--.
                      Last edited by Ascension; 11-29-2019, 01:47 AM.
                      Guitars

Comment

I feel totally un-guilty about nit-picking this guys fashion style regardless of what religion he is; it sends all sorts of 'signals' when a grown man dresses a way only a pre-schooler thinks looks edgy and cool (the underlying assumption must be he knows he is dressing for that crowd.) Image does matter if your 'image' is always looking like you're about to expose yourself in public. Even at its most innocent, it smacks of utter dishonesty when grandpa dresses like the star of an elementary school musical about an emo kid from 2005 . Basically, you can't expect to go outside looking like that without everyone choosing to stand rather than sit next to you at the bus stop.

...I do like the guitar, but I'd rather have a Dick Dale Strat if it came down to it in that idiom; already have a gold Strat anyway.
                        Last edited by Silence Kid; 11-29-2019, 09:23 AM.
                        Originally posted by King Buzzo
                        I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

I feel totally un-guilty about nit-picking this guys fashion style regardless of what religion he is; it sends all sorts of 'signals' when a grown man dresses a way only a pre-schooler thinks looks edgy and cool (the underlying assumption must be he knows he is dressing for that crowd.) Image does matter if your 'image' is always looking like you're about to expose yourself in public. Even at its most innocent, it smacks of utter dishonesty when grandpa dresses like the star of an elementary school musical about an emo kid from 2005 . Basically, you can't expect to go outside looking like that without everyone choosing to stand rather than sit next to you at the bus stop.

...I do like the guitar, but I'd rather have a Dick Dale Strat if it came down to it in that idiom; already have a gold Strat anyway.
                          Everything here is just science. I've run the numbers, and it all checks out.

Comment

Being one who works in the Worship community that image being portrayed of our community does not set well with me at all. It's not what we represent and a big national artist doing that taints all of us.
                            Contrast that with this Brazilian girl who is also a worship leader and is engaged to a very close friend of mine. I have played with Raquel when she was in the States a few times and this is the type of image she promotes with what she does as a contrast.
                            Guitars

Comment

Not too much different than a theoretical Clapton with a compound radius. Noiseless singles, mid boost, V neck, maple board.

I'm into old school radius and frets, but that is a nice complement of pickups.
                              Originally posted by LesStrat
                              Yogi Berra was correct.
                              Originally posted by JOLLY
                              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                                Not too much different than a theoretical Clapton with a compound radius. Noiseless singles, mid boost, V neck, maple board.

I'm into old school radius and frets, but that is a nice complement of pickups.
                                Pretty much spot on. The build quality to me is my beef with the guitar as it just felt no better to me than a say a good MIM Strat. Expect more at a 2K Price point and get it in spades with say the lower level Suhr or Anderson guitars for just a little more $.
                                Guitars

Comment

Working...
                                X