Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lincoln Brewster Stratocaster

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
    Feel you and trust me the entire community is not like that far far from it but I have absolutely seen what you speak of. Sorry you have been through that as so have I and it's not cool. PS I'm the guy who at times plays stuff like a Pearl Pink 1990 Carvin X 220 through a Boogie in a Church on Sunday Morning so--.
    I think this very true. A lot of what people see from the high profile “worship community” is not purely representative of what takes place in the average Sunday morning service in the US. I’ve been playing with our local worship group for the last ten, almost exclusively, and, at age 50, I have amassed a nice collection of instruments over the years thanks to the blessings of a good job and a wife that likes to indulge my gear addiction. And I’m not ashamed to use any of them on a Sunday morning, even my Ace Frehley LP makes appearance when I feel the tone fits the liturgy (set list).

Our team is blessed to have several classical well trained musicians and a couple up and coming country songwriters who all play better than I do. I’m just the old guy in the group that likes to rock and loves the people I work with as well as the people who attend every week.

Oh, and I’ll be the old guy out there running any of a number of super-Strats, through my Decatone, just hoping to keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
      Being one who works in the Worship community that image being portrayed of our community does not set well with me at all. It's not what we represent and a big national artist doing that taints all of us.
      Contrast that with this Brazilian girl who is also a worship leader and is engaged to a very close friend of mine. I have played with Raquel when she was in the States a few times and this is the type of image she promotes with what she does as a contrast.
      I'm not gonna take the lords name in vain in this thread.

But gosh-damn! She is incredible!
      Originally posted by jcthejester13
      Some musicians are good, and some are not so good. Some musicians use guitars, and some don't use guitars. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by oilpit View Post
        Oh my god he doesn't even use an amp!
        In this video, he's using a silver face Twin.
        -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by oilpit View Post
          I'm not gonna take the lords name in vain in this thread.

But gosh-damn! She is incredible!
          Agreed played a conference with just her and a drummer a while back and she really blew me away with her vocals and as a key player. She is engaged to a very close friend of mine here in Birmingham and they are getting married in April. Here is a live clip recorded with my little Zoom Q3 HD check out here pipes here! Playing my 93 Carvin DC 127 with the Alt 8 / Hybrid set through my little Boogie Subway Rocket 1/10 combo BTW.
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by DKSEARS View Post
            I think this very true. A lot of what people see from the high profile “worship community” is not purely representative of what takes place in the average Sunday morning service in the US. I’ve been playing with our local worship group for the last ten, almost exclusively, and, at age 50, I have amassed a nice collection of instruments over the years thanks to the blessings of a good job and a wife that likes to indulge my gear addiction. And I’m not ashamed to use any of them on a Sunday morning, even my Ace Frehley LP makes appearance when I feel the tone fits the liturgy (set list).

Our team is blessed to have several classical well trained musicians and a couple up and coming country songwriters who all play better than I do. I’m just the old guy in the group that likes to rock and loves the people I work with as well as the people who attend every week.

Oh, and I’ll be the old guy out there running any of a number of super-Strats, through my Decatone, just hoping to keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Spot on. It's frankly embarrassing the way many today in the so called "high profile worship community" come off as such arrogant jerks. I play regularly here in Birmingham with folk who have toured for many years some with bands you would know instantly and you see NONE of ANY of that in my circles. Have played for example for many years on and off in Church with a guy named Ron Barbee who was the Bass player in the Florida based band White Witch for a while. We are now older wiser straighter and have families but still love music so many of us now play at Church. Some of the absolute scariest monster chops players I have ever been around in fact have been Worship players.
            Last edited by Ascension; 12-07-2019, 10:09 PM.
            Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

We kind of strayed off of the subject of the original post didn't we? Even with a moderator posting.....
              -Butch

Comment

When you’re a guitar player, going astray is what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                  When you’re a guitar player, going astray is what you do.
                  Yep a touch of ADD kinda goes with the territory don't it LOL!
                  Guitars

Comment

Yes, that gold strat is, look, there goes a squirrel!

Last edited by devastone; 12-16-2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X