I practice more often now! Zither Wooden Guitar Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I practice more often now! Zither Wooden Guitar Stand

Hey guys and gals! I thought I would share my experience with a new guitar stand I bought around 6 months ago.

When I bought my new guitar I wanted a good guitar stand because figured I would play more if the guitar was easier to pick up whenever the urge to play hit but I had never used a guitar stand in the past because I was afraid it might get knocked over or it would have a large footprint and use up needed floor space so I always just kept my guitars in their hard case.

Well, I finally found a guitar stand that won't get knocked over mostly because it is way harder to actually knock it over then you might think by looking at it, it has a very small footprint which is no wider than the guitar its self! also taking the guitar off of it and putting it back couldn't be easier! and as a bonus, it looks great too!

What I ended up buying was a Zither Wooden Guitar Stand...

Like I said earlier I thought I might play more often if the guitar was more accessible, Man was that an understatement! The guitar is so handy that I find myself not only playing every day now but a few times throughout the day and night because it's just right there at arms reach!

I won't go into why this stand almost takes a truck to knock over, it's something to do with the pendulum effect, physics, and what not so I won't bore you with the details, there are some videos on youtube that talk about that.

They cost a little more than some good stands and there is no shortage of good stands out there but I'm sold on this one!
    Last edited by AxRookie; 11-25-2019, 12:51 AM.

Re: I practice more often now! Zither Wooden Guitar Stand

Well, it is pretty. How much is it?
    I don't use guitar stands at home, just wall hangers.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm also a fan of wall hangers. That stand does look pretty though!
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I paid $100 dollars for mine, I got it off ebay...

Comment

I was at a guitar show last summer and saw a guy walking out of the show with an amazing wooden carved guitar stand I had seen on the floor earlier that was really expensive, and I thought wow, it must feel amazing to have your Guitar, Amp and Pedal collection so dialed and complete that this is all he left the show with...
          Last edited by NegativeEase; 12-01-2019, 06:47 PM.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Is that the Jason Becker Kiesel?

Comment

Access to Axes equals Axe Success!
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                Is that the Jason Becker Kiesel?
                Yes it is!

Comment

Originally posted by AxRookie View Post
                  Yes it is!
                  How do you like it? I’m gassing hard for a kiesel, I was thinking about a DC600.

Comment

How do you like it? I’m gassing hard for a kiesel, I was thinking about a DC600.
                    .I love it, some finishing work required, at least on mine but I have a thread here about that...

Comment

Originally posted by AxRookie View Post
                      .I love it, some finishing work required, at least on mine but I have a thread here about that...
                      I’ll have to look for it.

Comment

That one looks nice.
                        Have always liked hanger type stands. They really are quite stable.
                        And they fit any shape guitar - I have a few which don't sit well on regular stands.
                        For many years I've been happy with the Hercules hanger stands.
                        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I’ll have to look for it.
                          No need to look when you have a link! https://www.kieselguitars.com/catalog/guitars/jb200c

I just got done playing until my fingertips couldn't take anymore, The more I play this guitar the more I like it, I'm glad I went with the "slimmer neck profile" option...

Comment

Working...
                          X