NBD: Yamaha TRBX174 EW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBD: Yamaha TRBX174 EW

Pardon the horrendous kitchen pics, but it’s dark outside. The second pic is trying to capture some of the cool veneer.

I started getting back into bass the last few days, and saw this thing on Facebook for $80 OBO. I offered $50, now it’s mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F6E56B00-5EDA-44B4-A38F-EDC1D0FA8558.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	5853147

Click image for larger version

Name:	9C84D18D-2B4F-437B-BA5D-6B0C8EEF3A92.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	5853148
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: NBD: Yamaha TRBX174 EW

I really love the translucent black. Congrats on the new bass!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks!

I got it with no strings, and after throwing an old set of SIT Rock Brights on and an incredibly half-assed setup, it plays great. Action is lower than I've ever had on a bass, and those old SITs still apparently have some life in them.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

That's a steal for sure. Might be worth upgrading the pickups. SD QP for the neck spot and a Hot Jazz stack in the bridge.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

I do want to upgrade the pickups at some point, but they don’t sound bad. It needs a new nut and tuners first, though.

Comment

That's awesome. Jealous ! I've been looking for a rig to put some quarter pounds in. Something like that would be perfect

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

-Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
              “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Lol

I’m really enjoying this bass. It has possibly the hardest maple neck I’ve encountered. Almost perfectly straight with no truss rod tension.

Comment

Congrats! Yamaha TRBX are really nice basses for the money. My first 5 string was a TRBX505, the neck is incredible and the sound is great (usually in passive mode for me).

Comment

Working...
                  X