1992 Fender HM Strat pickup choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1992 Fender HM Strat pickup choices

Cool, that's the Japanese version with the real Floyd, awesome guitars, and rare with the maple fretboard, nice score! I personally loved the Super 3 in the HMs I've had, I would definitely set it up and give it a shot before changing.

Comment

I wouldn't mess that up. You haven't even heard it yet.

Comment

The singles on those are pretty good but the Duncans would obviously be an upgrade. Can't go wrong with a MJ Custom Shop RTM TB in the bridge in my opinion.
        MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
        1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
        1988 Kramer Nightswan
        1989 Charvel Sambora
        2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
        Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
        Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

When you decide to sell this one let me know! I love those, should have kept the blue one I had years ago.

Comment

So i decided i am going to keep it stock for the mean time and then go from there if I dont care for the Super3. I should get the guitar back from the shop this coming weekend.
            Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
            Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

I'd be interested to hear how you like it, or how you are gonna change it. Putting those Duncans in would be the first step!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by STLMTLHD79 View Post
                So i decided i am going to keep it stock for the mean time and then go from there if I dont care for the Super3. I should get the guitar back from the shop this coming weekend.
                What's it in the shop for?

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                  What's it in the shop for?
                  Just a simple setup. I usually don't do setup work on my guitars. My tech guy is super cheap and very good. I do some pickup swaps myself but im not going to touch the mint electronics in this thing.

SO I do like some aspects of the Super 3-super tight and great thrash metal palm mutes/heavy playing however, the lead tone is meh IMO. It sort of has that congested "cough" thing going on. There is like no treble with this thing either-almost have to crank the treble to get a good upper range response.

With that said, im definitely going with the Custom Shop Super 8 in this. I think it would compliment it very well.
                  Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
                  Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

Working...
                  X