Marshall 8412 B cab give me some info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 8412 B cab give me some info

I have a chance to buy a Marshall B cab for very short money. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the 8412 a smaller import cab that will not fit correctly under my JCM 900 slant?

Re: Marshall 8412 B cab give me some info

You are correct. The 8412 was made for the first series of Valvestates. Killer little plywood cabs but too small for 1960 dimensions.

Comment

Tis a shame I can grab the cab for $200 loaded but moving on.

Comment

I'd just stick a piece of plywood on top of it. But I'm from the "bailing wire and duct tape" school.

Comment

GC every once in a while will have them for $100. Celestion loaded and real plywood makes them a killer cab. They're nice, tight and punchy. Build a rack to run on top of the cab and place the head on top. Problem solved.

Comment

^^
            Isn't that what I just said?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

I was talking about a rack case complete with rack effects, more preamps, EQ's and multiple power amps. Nothing that would really do anything for the sound, but would look badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                I'd just stick a piece of plywood on top of it. But I'm from the "bailing wire and duct tape" school.
                I do not consider myself OCD but having a bottom cab even a 1/2 inch smaller than the top cab would drive me crazy. The same thing with heads, if it is wider than the cab I twitch and blink.

Comment

I only worry if, when I'm chugging some serious palm mutes, I look over and see the head starting to walk off the cab.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X