New/Used Guitar Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New/Used Guitar Day

Well I did not set out Monday to buy a guitar today but G.A.S. will grab ya when you least expect. Tell me I'm wrong. Found Pearl while looking for something else and is the first thing I bought through a FB ad. Korean made from 2003/2004. Typical import guitar but nice big fat neck like I like so that was a plus. Nice set of Duncan Designed Duncan Distortion pickups in it too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	112519a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	5853155

Name:	112519g.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	5853156

Name:	112519c.jpg
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	5853157

Name:	112519d.jpg
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	5853158
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Re: New/Used Guitar Day

Pretty. How's it sound?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a Mahogany guitar with Duncan Distortions in it. The top is a very thin veneer. Nice Classic Rawk type sounds.
      Guitar to sound output:
      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Wow, I've never actually seen that model before. Very cool! Congrats!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

unique for sure! never seen a hamer like that

Comment

Hamer guitars are pretty heavy, some heavier than a Les Paul. What’s the weight like on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the understated look. :P
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

If that came in my local shop, they would have put it in the back and called me. Looks like a great stage guitar.

Comment

I would have bought that if I saw it
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by jimilee View Post
                    Hamer guitars are pretty heavy, some heavier than a Les Paul. What’s the weight like on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    This import is 8.5 lbs. A '91 USA version of this body style is 8.25lbs. I don't find any of the Hamers I own to be heavy guitars for the most part. I have had a couple 10.5 lb'ers in the Blitz models but over all the Standards run right at 10 lbs. with a few in the 8 lb. range.
                    Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Nice!

Bill
                      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

ANYONE who saw that should have bought it - just on principle!!!!
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I would rock the **** out of that ***** until my fingers bled. Nice freaking score.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                            I would rock the **** out of that ***** until my fingers bled. Nice freaking score.
                            Notice of copywrite infringement to be posted by Bryan Adams in 3, 2, . . .
                            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I never saw one like that and I love it!

Comment

Working...
                              X