Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedal suggestions...

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
    Parametric equalizer? That is really the only effect I associate Dimebag with...
    See - for killer PAntera sound I think the impact of an awesome noise gate is highly under-rated and misunderstood. It's about the quick silence, not the attack!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Hope the Palladium serves you well. For home practice and jamming I liked the boss ML2 Metal Core pedal. It has lots of great super heavy tones in it but it’s just not voiced right to be in a band setting.

I just got the MXR 5150 overdrive and man it sounds great, I prefer it to the amp distortion channel on my Marshall DSL combo, at least for more modern metal tones. If you end up not liking the Palladium I suggest that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Rockstar216
      Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Love to see the pedalboard when done, and hear your thoughts about those 2 pedals. I wrote a blog about the insert jack on the Vapor Trail, which is super fun to play with.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Just get one of each pedal available, and I'm sure you'll find the best one. Wait, that has been my approach, maybe you shouldn't do that.
          "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

Originally posted by SAguitar View Post
            Just get one of each pedal available, and I'm sure you'll find the best one. Wait, that has been my approach, maybe you shouldn't do that.
            This is one of the reasons why I normally recommend that people get an HX Effects instead of putting together their own pedal boards these days.

Comment

This is one of the reasons why I normally recommend that people get an HX Effects instead of putting together their own pedal boards these days.
              If you need/want lots of pedals, and you can deal with the fixed effects chain 'preset' style of the HX Effects, it is a great box. It is different than the older M-series it replaced, however, in that it doesn't quite work as a pedalboard. You come up with an effects chain and you can then switch pedals in that chain on or off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                If you need/want lots of pedals, and you can deal with the fixed effects chain 'preset' style of the HX Effects, it is a great box. It is different than the older M-series it replaced, however, in that it doesn't quite work as a pedalboard. You come up with an effects chain and you can then switch pedals in that chain on or off.
                By now I think you can approximate both a preset and a "stompbox" style fairly well. The system has limitations, but these are bound to be manifold more with a regular pedalboard. The only exception I can think of is in cases where you need to turn knobs on the pedals very quickly, and I honestly speaking can't say that I have seen a single act where the guitarist has actually done that within songs themselves.

Comment

By now I think you can approximate both a preset and a "stompbox" style fairly well. The system has limitations, but these are bound to be manifold more with a regular pedalboard. The only exception I can think of is in cases where you need to turn knobs on the pedals very quickly, and I honestly speaking can't say that I have seen a single act where the guitarist has actually done that within songs themselves.
                  Yes, this can be done, but as you said, it has some limitations in that you can have 9 effects slots in a preset, but only 6 buttons. I make it work, but it isn't as modular as the M series.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    Yes, this can be done, but as you said, it has some limitations in that you can have 9 effects slots in a preset, but only 6 buttons. I make it work, but it isn't as modular as the M series.
                    I can definitely see that. That said, I also think it is a limitation that most people will be able to live with, and that you, in most respects still get a product that is far more flexible and adaptable than a regular pedal board. My experiences with the M series are limited enough that I cannot really say much about them.

Comment

Working...
                    X