New Warmoth P Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Warmoth P Bass

Wats up everybody. I've had this Squier P Bass since 2014 and just finished leveling and assembling the Warmoth neck. It has a Steve Harris pickup and brass saddles. The strings are D'addario ProSteels which I balanced in D standard: 45, 60, 80, 110. I wired it straight to the jack and I love it! Here is Boplicity as a demo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Warmoth P Bass.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	5853164

The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Re: New Warmoth P Bass

Sounds great!

I've been playing nothing but bass for the last week or so, and wish I'd have gone this route from the beginning.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Thx! You mean you wish you played bass from the beginning? Electric bass was my 1st instrument but now its helping me to apply my guitar education to bass.
      I bought them for you

Comment

Yes. All my friends started playing at the same time, and after a few months, I told my dad it was kind of dumb that we all played the same instrument. I got into Rush and Primus around that time, and said I think I wanted to play bass instead. He said that was a bad idea because you couldn’t play leads and whatever on bass.

Hands down the worst music-related advice anyone’s ever given me.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Haha that is actually the same advice I would give any beginner. Obviously many bassists are more creative and talented than me; but I found it very difficult starting out on bass only to be creative and understand music as a whole. I think you can learn harmony, melody, and songwriting easier on guitar. But it's also easy to play both. You can focus on bass and have some guitar understanding. I'm really liking having guitar be my main instrument and having proficiency on other instruments.
          Last edited by Clint 55; 12-01-2019, 05:15 PM.
          I bought them for you

Comment

I wouldn't discourage anyone from playing any instrument they were interested in, and especially when it's a less popular instrument that will lead to WAY more opportunities for bands and what not. There are a handful of bass players locally who play in all the rock bands. I think at least a few of them make a living at it.

But, back on topic, one of the two basses I just got is a Squier Precision. I've always been more into J basses, but the P is sweet. I think I'm going to replace the caps on both of them with lower values, so the sweep is more usable. Also, my Yamaha P/J is getting a kill switch. I like balancing the volume knobs, and it's a pain to turn it down with two of them.
            Last edited by JB_From_Hell; 12-01-2019, 05:39 PM.

Comment

What cap are you gonna use? I tried 22nf and didn't really like it. I love the sound of Ps. Are you gonna get the Steve Harris for yours?!
              I bought them for you

Comment

Not sure on pickups yet for either. The Yamaha has pretty crappy tuners, and I found a set of Sperzels for a good price. After that, I think they’re both getting new strings (SIT Foundations), then I’ll be looking for a slightly better amp.

Comment

Just use your Fender fridge.
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Holy ****in shet. I wish Jaco had been involved in better music. This track is dope tho. I have no idea what is up with the video.

Last edited by Clint 55; 12-02-2019, 09:13 AM.
                    I bought them for you

Comment

Man, I love Birth of the Cool.

Nice lookin' bass.
                      Originally posted by LesStrat
                      Yogi Berra was correct.
                      Originally posted by JOLLY
                      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                        I wish Jaco had been involved in better music.
                        Not into Weather Report?

I think Jimmy Herring and Derek Trucks would've been fun to hear with him. If you dig his tone, it's a J bass with the neck volume rolled off just a little.

Comment

^ No Weather Report. None of the tunes are very good and the keys and sax sound horrible.

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                          Man, I love Birth of the Cool.

Nice lookin' bass.
                          Thx! Yes, birth of the cool is a good one.
                          Last edited by Clint 55; 12-02-2019, 12:23 PM.
                          I bought them for you

Comment

I put a series/parallel switch on my Yamaha. In series, it sounds like the P pickup with a thicker sound and more output. In parallel, I think it lost a little bit of high end, as the knobs are wired differently than before. I'm going to add another switch to neuter the tone control. I like using it, but I'd like more brightness available on tap.

Comment

Series/parallel sounds like an awesome thing. I recommend a 1 meg volume and a 250k no load tone. You can use max bright controls on bass and it doesn't mess up the lows at all, only makes the highs clearer as you can hear on my recording.
                              I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
                              X