New Warmoth P Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Warmoth P Bass

I'm going to add the 1M volume pots. I need to measure the tone pot to see what it is now.

The S/P switch is really cool. If I dial in the amp for a really meaty sound in series, I can flip to parallel and it works like a mid-scoop slap switch. It's not quite the same, since there is a little signal loss, but it's definitely handy. Definitely still need a kill switch since two volumes makes turning the thing down kind of a pain. Also going to try stainless strings this time.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Those sound like good upgrades. You can use a no load tone pot instead of another switch to bypass the tone. 250k works well for having the cap begin to take effect right from 10 to 9. 300k would have a little more play turning down from 10 before the cap takes effect. 500k and especially 1meg are unnecessay to use for tone imo.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Just remember, unless you have stainless steel frets, they're going to wear rather quickly.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Good call, gonna stick with nickel for now.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
            Series/parallel sounds like an awesome thing. I recommend a 1 meg volume and a 250k no load tone. You can use max bright controls on bass and it doesn't mess up the lows at all, only makes the highs clearer as you can hear on my recording.
            I have S/P switching on three of mine. Love it.

Enjoy your Warmoth.
            '69 Fender Mustang bass
            '69 Gibson EB-1
            '76 Rickenbacker 4001 w/SD for Rick N & B
            '76 Fender Precision w/Dimarzio Model P
            '84 MIJ Fender Jazz Bass Special w/SD Hot for P neck & Dimarzio Model J for bridge [BEAD tuning]
            '99 Fretless MIJ Fender Precision/'87 MIJ Fender Squier Jazz hybrid w/SD QP for Jazz
            '12 MIM Fender Jazz w/Dimarzio Model J
            '14 Fretless Warmoth Custom T w/ SDCS Stack for SCPB N & B

Comment

Thx
              I bought them for you

Comment

Do you still love the Steve Harris P pickup?

I tried the Antiquity P pickups, but they’re too scooped and bright. The Harris’s EQ looks like it’s neither of those.

Comment

Yeah I love that thing. It sounds like a classic P Bass but more bad ass.
                  I bought them for you

Comment

I have an EMG P in mine now, but I think I’m trying that next. The EMG is a killer pickup, but too bright in this one.

Comment

Cool
                      I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
                      X