The 'woman tone' and SC's versus HB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 'woman tone' and SC's versus HB's

What road takes me away from this “woman tone”....because let’s face it most of Clapton’s tones are horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
      What road takes me away from this “woman tone”....because let’s face it most of Clapton’s tones are horrible.
      Treble.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
        Treble.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
        Stop being such a treble maker.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I'd love to hear an example of this, since my single coil guitars aren't wired like that.
          p
          In my case, I prefer my Strats with the Eric Johnson/Jimmie Vaughan tone mod. The second tone control wired to the bridge pickup, and the middle pickup wide open. I think Leo Fender would have done it this way had he been a player. This configuration is superior in many ways, and being able to roll the tone back on the bridge pickup is a big reason this wiring scheme is better than the stock classic Strat circuit with the bridge wide open all the time and the second tone knob on the bridge. Just my two cents anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mojosman View Post
            p
            In my case, I prefer my Strats with the Eric Johnson/Jimmie Vaughan tone mod. The second tone control wired to the bridge pickup, and the middle pickup wide open. I think Leo Fender would have done it this way had he been a player. This configuration is superior in many ways, and being able to roll the tone back on the bridge pickup is a big reason this wiring scheme is better than the stock classic Strat circuit with the bridge wide open all the time and the second tone knob on the bridge. Just my two cents anyway.
            I agree with this mod, and do it on my Strats. It doesn't have that sound, though- it still has the attack of a single coil, which is hard to get rid of with a tone control.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You can get it with a SC and a mid boost with tone rolled off

Comment

Working...
              X