Silly rig for jamming at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly rig for jamming at home

Inspired by Billy Sheehan's dual outputs on his Attitude bass, I'm going to run each of my pickups to a separate output jack, then run to two Fender Rumble 15s. There's an eq setting I love that really suits the P pickup, and another that suits the J. Seems like both together should be a lot of fun.

I'm well aware that the dual Rumble 15s are essentially toys, but if you're just playing at home and don't want to rattle the house, they sound pretty good, and are extremely affordable.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Silly rig for jamming at home

There's some guy out there that made a splitting box so he can into 4 Rumble 25 combos

Should be an interesting sound but will it be worth it, more useful than say
    Just using a $200 amp and blending your pickups at the bass volume controls? Only you can decide

Comment

Chris Squire did a version of this. One pickup to a Marshall guitar amp, one to an SVT. Instant iconic sound.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Billy Sheehan’s setup is P pickup with a high pass filter to a distorted amp, EBO pickup to a clean amp. It sounds awesome. I’m not expecting that, but it seems like it’d be fun and not cost much.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I'd be concerned the 15 Rumbles will be able to mix sufficiently for this to be awesome. Not enough amplitude to get the mix right...
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Chris Squire did a version of this. One pickup to a Marshall guitar amp, one to an SVT. Instant iconic sound.
            Dug Pinnick also has an epic tone, if not as well-known, for splitting highs and lows between a guitar and bass amp.

It’s also pretty common among doomy stoner rock bands.
            Last edited by formula73; 12-10-2019, 06:14 AM.

Comment

If you don't want to drill for a second jack you can just use a stereo jack instead and share the ground. Then use a stereo cable to a home made breakout box to split it. That way you have minimal change to the bass and only one cable from the instrument. Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	5817789
              Last edited by idsnowdog; 12-10-2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I can sell you my Yamaha Attitude Custom, no mods on your current bass ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  The SVT came later on. In the early 70s he used a Sunn Coliseum and Marshall Super Lead, or Fender Dual Showman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
                    The SVT came later on. In the early 70s he used a Sunn Coliseum and Marshall Super Lead, or Fender Dual Showman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Absolutely massive sound.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                    X