Tube Screamer options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tube Screamer options

There are a few nice "tight metal od pedals such as the amptweaker tight metal,and other models... and the horizon devices precision drive. Which delve into the boutique side. I think my next OD will be an airis Savage drive.
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 04-07-2020, 05:50 PM.
    Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Comment

Tube Screamers and variants are like flavors of ice cream. There's one out there to satisfy nearly every type of player. If I was to own one again, I would go with the TS808. I had one before and it was what I needed at the time. Nice and simple and does the job.
        Last edited by ErikH; 04-06-2020, 03:21 PM.

Comment

I just bought and highly recommend a Cusack Screamer V2.

Description:
          The Cusack Screamer is a “clean” overdrive, but has about twice the gain of a typical Tube Screamer. Many TS style pedals come off as “mid-rangey” or “muddy”, making them easy to get lost in a mix. This is where the Screamer offers much more clarity than a typical overdrive. It has been meticulously thought out, and tweaked for maximum tonal definition. You can actually hear the individual notes of complex chords that would normally be buried. Many players consider the Cusack Screamer to be the best option in a crowded field for good reason!

Features:
          -Level (volume)
          -Drive (gain)
          -Tone
          -3-way clipping toggle (left: silicon, center: asymmetrical LED, right: Schottky)

Power:
          -Standard center negative 9V DC supply, or 9V battery (neither included)
          -Current draw: ~9mA

Dimensions:
          -4.42" L x 2.39" W x 1.24" H

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
            Tube Screamers and variants are like flavors of ice cream. There's one out there to satisfy nearly every type of flavor. If I was to own one again, I would go with the TS808. I had one before and it was what I needed at the time. Nice and simple and does the job.
            And with the TS808 you know you have a good one. Good enough to satisfy guys like SRV and Eric Johnson. It feels good to own the "real thing".

I do like my Visual Sound Route 808 though.
            “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
              And with the TS808 you know you have a good one. Good enough to satisfy guys like SRV and Eric Johnson. It feels good to own the "real thing".

I do like my Visual Sound Route 808 though.
              The Route 808 is sweet. Same thing as an original TS808 with the added bass boost switch. Keep that. They don't make 'em anymore since the rebrand to Truetone.

Comment

EHX East River for me... It is supposed to be a 808 clone, and I like it quite a lot.

B
                FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

BAD MONKEY
                  You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                  Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Dammit! You guys are gonna get me to go buy a screamer I don't need!!!!
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Was just playing my TS-7 that I got for $20 at a yard sale. Normal or Hot, I like it!

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

EHX ERD is cheap and quite good.

B
                        FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                          I want to buy another screamer just to buy one. But which one?
                          JHS Pedals makes a TS called the bonzai.

Basically, you can switch between all the different types of tube screamers. Kinda covers all your bases - it's all of them.
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

The East River Drive is cool, but I prefer the TC Electronic Mocambo as far as cheap 808 clones go. I've played them both side by side. Really similar, but the Mocambo has more output volume in case you need it.

Comment

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Way Huge Green Rhino. I have the MkIV version. It has a 100hz and 500hz controls to cut/boost bass and mids, but there's switch to turn those off and get your standard TS sound. It might have a little more gain too.
                              "An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. " - Bukowski

"A banker will take a guitar and play three notes on it. A rock star will take a guitar and throw it across the room. " - David Lee Roth

Comment

JHS is FAIL without enough tone knobs, hot switches etc.

great idea....but not quite.
                                Originally posted by Bad City
                                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                                X