• Show
Clear All

Re: Tube Screamer options

Vow! That's a lot of money...

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Just the single tone knob won't do. It is hard to move it to different guitars and amps that way as there isn't enough compensation.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Just the single tone knob won't do. It is hard to move it to different guitars and amps that way as there isn't enough compensation.
        what makes all of those alternate Screamers alternate are knobs and switches etc...
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

And yeah, out-effing-rageous price too.

If JHS knew exactly what everyone wanted from each that would be one thing. But they must have basically made a gain variation on 8 different screamers. One screamer with a super wide gain range works for that. Must be half a dozen or more pedals that do that and more, two from Ibanez!
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

-
            My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Hardwire CM-2 all day long....https://reverb.com/p/hardwire-cm-2-t..._source=google

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                And yeah, out-effing-rageous price too.

If JHS knew exactly what everyone wanted from each that would be one thing. But they must have basically made a gain variation on 8 different screamers. One screamer with a super wide gain range works for that. Must be half a dozen or more pedals that do that and more, two from Ibanez!

I don't own the JHS pedal, nor do I have any first hand experience with it. But when demoed side by side with originals it doesn't sound like what you're describing from what I can hear:

Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

this one

EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                  X