banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duncan Design Pickup Rings (Hard to find!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duncan Design Pickup Rings (Hard to find!)

Originally posted by willz View Post
    I might be getting closer. Seymour Duncan support responded to me and said my pickups looked to be designed after the HB-105. I was given some imperial measurements for those pickups and they converted to 69.95x38.1mm with the pickup mount holes being 77.47mm apart. This is within a mm of what I have. Now I'm on the lookout for HB-105 pickup rings.

Here are some answers to the new posts above:

The difference seems minimal, but 2mm off when your screw is only 2mm wide means the screw goes in at a substantial angle. My option here is to glue a toothpick in the existing hole and re-drill to keep the screw strait. It's an option, but not my first choice.

I have no objections to angled or flat covers, plus I could simply sand the angle off. However, Epi rings don't have the same hole pattern either. Sorry for mentioning the suggestion, but not specifically mentioning why those specific covers don't work.

I have bought a number of rings already on amazon. Some for Epiphone, which were slanted. Some that simply look right, but didn't measure up. No luck so far. I'm not concerned about brand, just function. I have a few more on their way now, so yes, this is one of the paths I'm following towards a resolution. It the shot in the dark path at this point.
    You might have misread my post...I indicated that the screw hole spacing was the important dimension. The outer and inner openings are what I was referring to when I said to accept some slight difference in dimensions.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
      You might have misread my post...I indicated that the screw hole spacing was the important dimension. The outer and inner openings are what I was referring to when I said to accept some slight difference in dimensions.
      GuitarDoc, It's alright, I understand. I'm really sorry I'm not being as clear as I wish to be. When I apologized for not stating the specific reason they did not fit, I should have stated the specific reason instead of taking it for granted. To say it another way, the screw hole spacing is not the same as Epiphone. I happen to own an Epiphone. placing the pickups side by side, these pickup rings have screw hole spacing 2mm more narrow on the long measurement.

I should have never mentioned Epiphone. I mentioned it only to vent about the advice I was getting. I blame myself for the confusion.

Comment

Good news, I've found a set of rings. They were within 1mm of my current rings hole pattern and they were even made of metal, so I suspect they should last much longer than the stock rings.

Thank you to everyone for your replies and your attention. It is much appreciated.

Comment

Show us a pic when you get it all together?
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Show us a pic when you get it all together?
            Here she is. Looks great. Back to new!

Click image for larger version

Name:	guitar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	5817773

Comment

So the new rings are covering up all the holes properly?
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X