Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Telecaster is the ONLY electric guitar you need

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
    Lots of folks like those things.... but in my humble opinion, it's the Ugliest guitar ever made, second is the strat.... I would have to switch to the bass. Because **** ugly guitars! Ha ha ha
    -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

The telecaster is the guitar I've always wanted to love but have never gotten on with. Just sold my tele the other day to fund another purchase.

I don't know exactly what my problem is with the design. I like strat necks, and the tele is more or less the same. I like single cut les pauls. somehow the combo of the neck and body just doesn't work for me.

I've also never been a fan of the hot bridge/quiet neck combo.

Other people do amazing things with teles. Just not me.

Comment

It's funny how this is a forum of modders, but this is the only thread where we want to keep things stock.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

If you can't do it with this...

You just can't do it

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Comment

A Telecaster is the ONLY electric guitar you need

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            That is true, they do. But I think it pales compared to something like an old PAF or Antiquity for jazz. I always saw jazz players who use a Tele did it for other ergonomic or economic reasons. All of their tones would have sounded better with an ES-175's neck pickup. But then it depends on how you like your jazz tone.
            Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
            You can get exactly the same tone by rolling back the tone a smidge on a strat . . . but then you'll also have nice sounds when you roll the tone back up. But I'm also with Mincer. For smokey jazz type sounds, a low output neck humbucker does it better.
            It’s a matter of opinion

I prefer P90s. But I won’t say they are better, just that I prefer them.

Comment

[Insert any guitar here] is the only guitar you need, as long as it is comfortably playable and reliable, you have an amp that provides you with a wide tonal palette, and you are a good musician.

We buy tons of guitars because we want them, not because we need them.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                [Insert any guitar here] is the only guitar you need, as long as it is comfortably playable and reliable, you have an amp that provides you with a wide tonal palette, and you are a good musician.

We buy tons of guitars because we want them, not because we need them.
                I still think you're going to have one hell of a time playing instrumental shred on a 12 fret nylon string acoustic with built in mic.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I might be able to hang with a Tele with modifications. I need a tummy cut. forearm cut, stratty bridge, and 2 humbuckers. So it can be done for me. But by that point, no need to stick with a Tele.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    I might be able to hang with a Tele with modifications. I need a tummy cut. forearm cut, stratty bridge, and 2 humbuckers. So it can be done for me. But by that point, no need to stick with a Tele.
                    If I was stranded on an island and all I had was a stock telecaster I certainly would not turn it down.

But agree with mincer to the point that I'd vote for a standard strat. More tonal versatility, better feel, whammy bar and yep that tele neck pickup doesn't do much on its own.

Now if you handed me a Nashville tele that have been routed for a firebird in the neck

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
                    What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Well then, Dave, I guess you just can't do it. I respect your choice to go Cello.

Mike Stern could....
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]102324[/ATTACH]
                        Had Telecasters in his Bomb Shelter.

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
                          What if your whole style is based on the tremolo bar though

Or like what if you're Mattias ei eklundh

Or Mick Gordon

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
                          Bigsby, and/or Hipshot

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                            Well then, all you need is a superstrat.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
                            No

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                              I don't like the upper fret access with a telecaster. The little cutaway sucks, and I bang my wrist on the horn. I also find myself much preferring to play a guitar with a trem these days. The neck pickup is inferior to a strat neck pickup (bridge pickup is great though - and the tele sounds great with both pickups in parallel). The telecaster is also (bar none) the ugliest guitar shape ever designed. Something that is only enhanced by the prevalence of posers smashing their brand new guitars up with goofy looking 'relicing' to pretend that they're old and well-loved instruments.

Not really for me. :P
                              Well then, as mentioned, you just can't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                                Lots of folks like those things.... but in my humble opinion, it's the Ugliest guitar ever made, second is the strat.... I would have to switch to the bass. Because **** ugly guitars! Ha ha ha
                                I respect your choice to switch. But you did not say it wasn't possible to do it on a Tele.

Comment

Working...
                                X