• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Telecaster is the ONLY electric guitar you need

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
    I think that you meant to post a snakeskin Kramer Baretta here [/IMG]
    Nope, this:

Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
      I ain't want no anemic jingle jangle single coil nasal crap.
      I guess you can't. This guy can....

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
        A TELECASTER is the only guitar you need, as long as it is comfortably playable and reliable, you have an amp that provides you with a wide tonal palette, and you are a good musician.
        Fixed

Comment

And for all of the Strat suggesters....It's a Tele with an extra cutaway, a middle pickup, and a trem.

For people who can't do it with a Tele. Which would be you.

Comment

Come to think of it, while a Tele can't do all the "obvious answers" as far as the tones for specific styles of music, I can't think of a single one where it would sound entirely out of place. Kind of like how The Clash could perform any genre, but not in the way you think they would, and it was all still very much punk. Likewise, you could put a Tele in the thrashiest of thrash metal, and it would fit, but still obviously be a Tele.

...and BTW you can't tell me that there's a better SD set in terms of simplicity matched with versatility than a Seth Lover neck, Jerry Donahue bridge.
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Twice I have seen Gibson players I liked using borrowed Teles and both of them sounded really good to me. Shockingly so. Tele into Marshall = nice. Harder and more clarity than a Les Paul for rythm and riffs. Neither dude was playing any single-note solos though. I imagine that would be harder to pull off without changing pickups and/or boost pedals.

(I know one of the guitars in my avatar looks like a Tele but it really isn't: humbucker, wraparound bridge, and 24 3/4 scale neck.)

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post

...and BTW you can't tell me that there's a better SD set in terms of simplicity matched with versatility than a Seth Lover neck, Jerry Donahue bridge.
                I suspect the majority of guitarists would disagree with you and prefer a humbucker in the bridge. Guitar sales would confirm that.

The Custom is the most versatile pickup IMO. Put it with a Jazz, 59, Pearly Gates, WLH, Seth Lover, whatever. Put it in any wood, any style of guitar, it'll sound good.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Comment

I always liked Teles. I play a Parker, but it kind of sounds like a Tele.

But here’s my “Tele” [emoji2] It’s built kind of like a Les Paul. Thick swamp ash body with a carved maple top and a set neck. Still sounds like a Tele. Scale length has a lot to do with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezrocks View Post
                    I suspect the majority of guitarists would disagree with you and prefer a humbucker in the bridge. Guitar sales would confirm that.
                    Well if you consider that the vast majority of guitar sales are for people who will never play them for more than a month, then that figure has considerably less meaning.
                    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      Actually, it is inferior to any other pickup ever made.
                      Hence the reason for me putting a Psyclone in the neck of mine!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
                        No way in hell a Stratocaster is uglier than this thing, lol

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
                        Oh c'mon... It's a Gibson, it MUST be great, mustn't it?

Comment

Are you Davie504 ??
                          Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            And for all of the Strat suggesters....It's a Tele with an extra cutaway, a middle pickup, and a trem.

For people who can't do it with a Tele. Which would be you.
                            ... and better intonation and ergonomics.
                            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                            Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                              Well if you consider that the vast majority of guitar sales are for people who will never play them for more than a month, then that figure has considerably less meaning.
                              You can filter out the budget stuff and I'd expect it wouldn't change much. Considering how many Squiers are sold to beginners it might even tip it more towards humbuckers.

Maybe someone from SD could weigh in? What's the ratio of bridge humbuckers sold to bridge single coils sold?

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezrocks View Post
                                Maybe someone from SD could weigh in? What's the ratio of bridge humbuckers sold to bridge single coils sold?
                                Obviously more bridge humbuckers, a Tele bridge sounds good the moment you first pick the guitar up.

Comment

Working...
                                X