Sold a guitar, bought a guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold a guitar, bought a guitar

Sold off my beloved BCRich Jr V Deluxe last week.
    Basically wasn't playing it very often, I don't think I like the 25.5 scale length .
    Wonderful guitar actually, so very well built... Just hadn't been loving it. Hopefully I won't regret selling it. I had originally planned to buy another Marshall with the money I got from it, but I already worked that out with my new DSL so.....

Got to looking around for another guitar once I got paid and shipped the axe off.

Was looking at esp, ec1000... I know, a round guitar!
    Can't really jive with the les Paul shape, in my hands it feels awkward? Not comfy, I've owned maybe 5 LP guitars before, sold em all off, great sounds, but the neck angle or something....just don't know.

I Started loving the explorer shape again.... Gosh my actual best guitar of all time has always been my epi goth explorer.... I always say it must have been made on a Wednesday, I've wired a dozen different pups into that thing over the years... From std 9s to drop B it always plays well and sounds great. Now that I added blackouts ahb-3s, it's my go to guitar for recording.
    I Looked for a few used Gibsons....still can't afford those, gosh, not even close!

Looking at the zakk Wylde line.... So expensive, but I found exactly 1 that I had enough money for.... Almost bought that. Then I remembered playing one when they were brand new, I spent 40 minutes at a guitar center trying to fall in love with it..... Couldn't see the hype if I'm being honest.

Looked at a few of the Dean Z.... Always have loved my Deans... I've Owned close to 20 Deans over the years, some real good players, especially my ML's and razorback s and maybe only 2 that I didn't care for.... Didn't want to spend 6-7 bills on a chance, plus I still own 2 Deans.

Looked at the Jackson Kelly's, beautiful quilt tops, ND amazing necks, but the body just isn't close enough to a real explorer... Am I an explorer purist?? Is that a thing?
    Esp.... close in look again, but haven't played enough esp to know that I'll love it.... it's good enough for Metallica and dying fetus.... But, then it dawned on me.

The next guitar for me is going to be another epi explorer! Has to be, I know it, I love it.... But not another Goth edition, something... Different.
    Oh that Thommy Thayer model is hot... But that Lzzy Hale model is flat out sexy! Classy but yes definitely a sex machine!

Brand New Lzzy Hale model it is.... On order.
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 12-03-2019, 07:25 AM.
    Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Re: Sold a guitar, bought a guitar

I love that guitar nice choice and it is definitely you. Nice to see you step out of your V comfort zone.

Comment

Went with this huh?

Aint no pro but I know what I like....
      Guitar to sound output:
      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Yep, but I got the pearloid pickguard. Which I like just a little bit better.

Comment

I've loved the look of those for years, ever since they first came out.
          Not very comfortable with small necks though.
          If they made one with a wide/chunky neck I'd be all over it.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Years ago I had an epi '58 korina Explorer with gold hardware and a white pickguard. I put a pair of Deathbuckers in it. Then I had to sell it. At least it went to a buddy of mine, so I still get to play it on occasion. Here it is next to a V that you should find familiar.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! I can't wait for it to get here.

Yep that's my V..... And my Randall too ha ha. Good stuff brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                I love that guitar nice choice and it is definitely you. Nice to see you step out of your V comfort zone.
                Before my V phase I had an ML/razorback phase
                Here are a few of them.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110408_115326.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	5817754

Name:	IMG_20110512_175736.jpg
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	5817755

Name:	223.jpg
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	5817756

Name:	IMG_20120211_210156.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	5817757

Comment

Wow, that is quite a collection, there!
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

MLs?

E3 my 2004 Limited Edition ML only one I need. #28/50 Notice the E and the 3 in the top? There are about 5-7 of these made from the same piece cut for veneers. There are at least 2 other groups with similar veneers but different patterns in the 50 guitar run.
                    Attached Files
                    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                    Guitar to sound output:
                    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

I have three guitars, and only two are electric.

Comment

Dude, you change equipment like I change oil in my car.

Comment

Re: MLs?

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
                          E3 my 2004 Limited Edition ML only one I need. #28/50 Notice the E and the 3 in the top? There are about 5-7 of these made from the same piece cut for veneers. There are at least 2 other groups with similar veneers but different patterns in the 50 guitar run.
                          Even I would play that! And I don't generally like the weird shaped Deans!
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Dude - that Warbird was SECKS!!!!

I was reading somewhere that the Epi had some advantages over the Gibson Hale model. This true???

If you are starting down an Epi Explorer collection path...may I suggest the Silverburst Thunderhorse as a companion?

Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I've wanted the Hale since the Gibson model came out. Gorgeous guitar.

Bill
                              When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
                              X