banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me identify this Ibanez Artist Prestige?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me identify this Ibanez Artist Prestige?

Hello,

A while ago I acquired an Ibanez I'd fallen in love with the moment I first saw it. I plowed through previous owners and arrived at a fairly known Dutch collector who could only tell me it's an Ibanez that was made in Japan for the Japanese market. Problem is that I cannot seem to find any similar guitar with the exact looks and specs mine has. It's a wonderfull guitar and the craftmanship is close to perfection, as could be expected from a Prestige, but I'd love to know a little more about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170505_161102.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	5853169

Name:	20170505_161126.jpg
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	5853170

Name:	20170505_161255.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	5853171

Name:	20170505_161652.jpg
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	5853172

Name:	20170505_161813.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	5853173

Re: Can someone help me identify this Ibanez Artist Prestige?

Looks a lot like an AR 2619, but with the fancy inlays. The Prestige line of Ibanez stuff is pretty cool stuff, to be sure - and Japan only offerings are quite possible. Looks like quite the honey!
    Last edited by ICTGoober; 12-03-2019, 10:15 AM.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Have not seen that particular model but owned a Prestige AR 2000 for a while.
      If that guitar is anything like the one I owned it's spectacular!! Mine was a work of art and was not only jawdropping to look at was perfection in set up and played lie a dream. Long story but was the origional owner and got it at a steal but had some one offer me STUPID money for it and like an idiot sold it. Made a killing on the guitar but was one I still should have never sold as it was truly a very very special guitar!!
      Sincere CONGRATS on that one as those guitars are REALLY spectacular!!
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Wow that is beautiful! Gives me major Jerry Garcia vibes...but cooler.

I really wish that Ibanez made more traditional guitars like these and the stuff they were putting out in the 80's. They make great super strats, but I feel like there is a big hole in the market for vintage looking guitars that aren't straight up Strat/LP copies.
        Originally posted by jcthejester13
        Some musicians are good, and some are not so good. Some musicians use guitars, and some don't use guitars. The end.

Comment

Very classy looking!

Comment

That fretwork looks astonishing for a production line guitar; does Yamaha have a 'custom shop' or 'artist's only' shop, because that doesn't look like something made in a factory, IMHO.

Larry
            Last edited by larryguitar; 12-06-2019, 10:40 AM. Reason: Error

Comment

That fretwork looks astonishing for a production line guitar; does Yamaha have a 'custom shop' or 'artist's only' shop, because that doesn't look like something made in a factory, IMHO.
              First of all, it's not a Yamaha. But Ibanez does have a custom shop on the West Coast. If you were familiar with high end Ibanez stuff, you would know that hemispherical fret ends are common.
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Working...
              X