NGD: The Gold Standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD: The Gold Standard

Do new Gibsons still smell like cotton candy?

Comment

Omg
      An authentic for Chibson price

The case is worth $400
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

That new Gibson smell is the BEST thing....
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
          https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
            Do new Gibsons still smell like cotton candy?
            Not quite but it smells damn good.

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
            The case is worth $400
            Seeing what I paid I hate to say this. I am very disappointed with the case. My other Les Paul cases are beautiful, this is all ABS plastic. It reminds me of the old chainsaw cases but with much better hardware and a handle. But hey I can't complain this is a happy day.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DAF30E64-DF97-47B8-A058-8ED17EDE6E75.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	5817791

Comment

I don't know man... I'd return it, cause that control cavity cover's fit doesn't seem to be perfect. You deserve better on a 3 grand guitar.

(Just kiddin', enjoy it! )

Comment

Can't figure out what this tool on the multi-tool is or is for?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                    Can't figure out what this tool on the multi-tool is or is for?

A precision pocket apparatus to handle all of your on-site repair needs!Side A 5/16" Truss Rod Socket 4mm Slotted Screwdriver1/8" Hex Key1/16" Hex Key0.05" Hex KeyLever with laser engraved reference marks (3/64" and 5/64") for adjusting action at the 12th fretSide B 1.5mm Hex Key2mm Hex Key2.5mm Hex Key3mm Hex Key#1 Phillips Screwdriver#2 Phillips Screwdriver

And there you have it Lever with laser engraved reference marks (3/64" and 5/64") for adjusting action at the 12th fret

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: NGD: The Gold Standard

Or I can adjust my action for the feel I like and not be bothered by arbitrary measurements.

Comment

Or I can adjust my action for the feel I like and not be bothered by arbitrary measurements.

Yeah ; but if you were setting the guitar up for someone else and you had no idea their preferences it's a nice easy reference point to go by

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure about that. I would have a conversation with someone before setting up their guitar. I have never had a conversation with someone about action where they have said they like it 3/64th or 5/64ths. We typically use terms like high, low, slammed to the fretboard or super-high.

Comment

Not sure about that. I would have a conversation with someone before setting up their guitar. I have never had a conversation with someone about action where they have said they like it 3/64th or 5/64ths. We typically use terms like high, low, slammed to the fretboard or super-high.
                            Factory setup specs work better than people give them credit for, and a departure from it is easier to specify if you have a number to start from and another to get.

Comment

Guys,he just said the he wants to adjust his guitar until it feels good for him. That's the only correct way to do it.

Factory specs are nice and all . . . but they're just an educated guess at a starting point.
                              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Getting back to the guitar. So far, I find the bridge Burstbucker to be very bright. More so for my tastes. However, putting the guitar in the middle position and rolling back the tone the guitar sounds phenomenal. I have only played it clean so far. I like to get to know a guitar's tone a bit before I throw a dirtbox on it. I will most likely drag it through the dirt this weekend.

The other thing I noticed is the tone pot is weird. It tapers off treble as you roll it back, sounding great at all points. When the tone is set on 0 is beyond muddy. It sounds like someone threw a moving blanket over the amp.

I love the guitar, but there will be some tweaking before I have it exactly where I want it to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X