Clear All

Re: NGD: The Gold Standard

Wow.

Comment

go on

Comment

ah that's awesome. I did that with an amp one time and MF. They listed it at a super low price, screenshot, a couple of "Hey it's me Karen, can I talk to your manager" and then blamm-o, done.

Mine was nowhere near yours though. That's nuts. Hard to feel bad getting the best of MF or GC.

Comment

Originally posted by blakejcan View Post
          ah that's awesome. I did that with an amp one time and MF. They listed it at a super low price, screenshot, a couple of "Hey it's me Karen, can I talk to your manager" and then blamm-o, done. Mine was nowhere near yours though. That's nuts. Hard to feel bad getting the best of MF or GC.
          It is nice when us little guys win every once in a while. And yes I was full-on "Karen" yesterday. The listed price for the guitar is $2499 so I think I did pretty good.

And yes anyone reading this always get the screenshot. The second you contact the retailer they will take down the listing.

Comment

Oh. My.

That's a great story. I honestly might cave if it was a private store. Big companies like MF should know better. I bet someone got fired for this.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I could only be happier if I had scored it myself.

There is some sort of lighting trick you can do to see if you have a figured top, but I don't think a refinish is in your future.

Sticking with cream, or going black?

-Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
              “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Next: A Pair of double cream SuperDistortions!!!!
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

holy hell, thats an amazing deal! happy for ya man

Comment

holy crap to the guitar and the purchase
                    My Bands -
                    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      Oh. My.

That's a great story. I honestly might cave if it was a private store. Big companies like MF should know better. I bet someone got fired for this.
                      I hope not. If anything, it might be some good publicity. The company honoured it's representation, even at a loss. Kudos to them. Even if they would have been in the wrong, they could have taken a "grind you down" approach: after all, they are a deep-pocketed corporation.

Wow, though. $399! Hard to get a Chibson for that with shipping.

Comment

It is great publicity. Has me GASing for one big time ever since seeing it!

Comment

Oh. My.

Worse yet, promoted.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
                            Sticking with cream, or going black?
                            I am not sure yet it depends on the BB pickups. If I go DiMarzio or chrome the cream will stay.

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            Next: A Pair of double cream SuperDistortions!!!!
                            Yes, they are on the shortlist if I do not like the BBs. I love the Super Distortion in my Tele. Then again I love the WLHs in my other Les Pauls.
                            Last edited by Securb; 12-04-2019, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Oh. My. That's a great story. I honestly might cave if it was a private store. Big companies like MF should know better. I bet someone got fired for this.
                              I think what happened is - when big retailers post products to marketplaces Amazon, Wal-Mart, eBay, and others they use spreadsheets. The spreadsheet will have 1,000s of products with SKUs, product names, descriptions, pricing, and links to the product images. What I think happened is someone used an older spreadsheet to preserve the templet. When they uploaded the spreadsheet they listed the Les Paul with the wrong price. Most likely a cut and paste went wrong or they did not look at the old spreadsheet for errors. Never the less MF posted and advertised the product so they legally had to honor it.

I do not think you would see this happen at a Mom and Pop.

Comment

Nice guitar. But you did not ordered a Gibson Les Paul Standard, you ordered a Gibson Les Paul Studio, '50s Tribute. There's no binding on the body, it's the maple top that is not painted and no binding on the neck, and satin finish instead of hi-gloss lacquer.
                                Nevertheless, you got a good price and it's a MIA Gibson Les Paul. I have a 2014 Gibson Les Paul LPJ (similar to your guitar) and it's a wonderful guitar, on par with many LP costing 2-3 times as much.
                                Enjoy it ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X