Help with modding a (93')SD-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with modding a (93')SD-1

Hopefully this could be a friendly topic that people would enjoy discussing rather than another "here we go again" moments, lol.

I have been playing with it for a total of 6 hours or so now(2 weeks time). I own the Waza SD-1(BOSS pedal fan).

I'm going to remove the C6 and try that out, see if I like the tone it offers.

I'm also looking to upgrade the "Level" potentiometer in from(what Im assuming 10k?) to a 50k. Where could I find such a slim taper potentiometer?

Also, I'm thinking about updating the Input/output jacks(the ones in there now don't really grab an harness my jack, its goes in but if I were to pick up the pedal it can fall out) So laying around I have the guts from a 2018 BOSS SD-1, could I snip the wires and use the input/output on that pedal to the older SD-1?

I really like the pedal, and willing to read(if any) one else has an idea on what else could I upgrade as far as the "Drive & Tone" I really DONT want to change or alter the sound, just make it sound "thick/full" if that makes sense, would changing it to a 18v adapter help or would that cause significant amount of headroom?(I can solder most of this myself)

-Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Skater; 12-03-2019, 10:28 AM.
    Jackson Custom Tele
    Epiphone G400 PRO
    Marshall DSL40C w/V30
    GLS Audio
    Ernie Ball
    Dunlop
    SD-1

Play music to skate too 🤙

Re: Help with modding a (93')SD-1

you want to make it sound thick/full but dont want to change or alter the sound? im a little confused by that since they are contradictory

Comment

Well, I don't want to change it to sound fuzzy or anything, or even add or lose gain. I know by removing the C6 im making it brighter but I don't think im changing drastic as far as sound.
      Jackson Custom Tele
      Epiphone G400 PRO
      Marshall DSL40C w/V30
      GLS Audio
      Ernie Ball
      Dunlop
      SD-1

Comment

Sounds like you want more compression? Going to 18v would do the opposite since it would add headroom.

Here’s the circuit explanation from Wampler in case it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Does the Waza SD-1 use the same circuit topology as the non-Waza SD-1?

Comment

The Waza is SMD... I don't think it's very easily mod-able.

Comment

I'm not looking to mod a waza.
              Jackson Custom Tele
              Epiphone G400 PRO
              Marshall DSL40C w/V30
              GLS Audio
              Ernie Ball
              Dunlop
              SD-1

Comment