Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on TC Electronics Sentry Noise Gate

Hi,

Could be a dumb question but, I am now using my TS808 before the amp to boost the blue channel of my amp. That creates a little bit of hiss and sometimes a high pitch screech if I leave my guitar sitting on the stand. I've tried using the sentry before but I guess I just never dialed it in right.

Is this the correct way to wire it?

Guitar --> TS808 --> Sentry --> Amp --> Reverb --> Delay.

The sentry has an send/receive loop so I wasn't sure if I was supposed to somehow go from the Sentry to the TS808 and then back to the sentry and then the amp or something.

Re: Question on TC Electronics Sentry Noise Gate

Although I’m not familiar with that particular gate there are two things you can try.
    1) use the send/receive as a way to feed the 808 into it. IOW, use the sentry as an FX loop and send the 808 through it.

2) run the sentry through the loop of the amp...amp send—>sentry input—->sentry out ->>>amp return. This will squash any preamp noise. The 808 is merely accentuating the preamp hiss as the 808 on its own usually isn’t all that noisy.

Comment

If you Google "Boss NS2 x pattern" you should find how to get the most out of your Sentry (it is the only other gate to my knowledge to utilize the Boss x pattern)
      --------------------------------------------------------
      1973 Aria 551
      1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
      1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
      1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
      1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
      1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
      2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Yes, the x pattern is highly effective.

Comment