banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hum-cancelling Quarter Pound equivalent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hum-cancelling Quarter Pound equivalent?

The title says it all: If I want the sound of an SD QP strat pickup, but with noise cancelling properties, whither go I?

Re: Hum-cancelling Quarter Pound equivalent?

I don't know of a stock humbucker that does that...possibly close would be the P-Rail in series, but that isn't quite right. I know the Custom Shop can build an actual hum-cancelling stacked QP.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'd figure that a humcancelling P90 might get you in the ballpark.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

custom shop qp stack! i had a single coil qp p bass stack made years ago for a '55 and it was terrific!

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
          The title says it all: If I want the sound of an SD QP strat pickup, but with noise cancelling properties, whither go I?
          If you want a full-sized humbucker that sounds like a QP try the GFS Bigmouth. https://www.guitarfetish.com/Humbucker-Sized_c_578.html

Comment

Working...
          X