Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Pixies - Paz vs Kim

  1. #1
    Super Toneologist
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,465

    Default Pixies - Paz vs Kim

    I see they both use the exact same p humbucker-type pickup fender bass and the ampeg svt rig. It's such an amazing bass sound to me. Mike from Green Day has the same rig.

    Is there anything different with Paz's and Kim's rigs?

    What's different with Paz's rig in The Pixies vs APC?

  2. #2
    OH THE GLAZE! Clint 55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Mex
    Posts
    7,226

    Default Re: Pixies - Paz vs Kim

    Post some more info about this P hum if you can. I'm uneducated about it. I actually saw the Pixies in 04 haha.
    Tell me there are things that you regret
    Cuz if I'm being honest I ain't over you yet

  3. #3
    LoveMachineologist jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    albany, ny
    Age
    42
    Posts
    29,933

    Default Re: Pixies - Paz vs Kim

    not sure what ya mean clint, they both played fender p basses. the p bass pup has two coils wired series/in phase and bucks hum

  4. #4
    Sock Market Trader GuitarStv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    15,077

    Default Re: Pixies - Paz vs Kim

    I thought Kim used a Stingray?
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

  5. #5
    LoveMachineologist jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    albany, ny
    Age
    42
    Posts
    29,933

    Default Re: Pixies - Paz vs Kim

    back in the day it was a p bass but ive seen her with a musicman too

  6. #6
    OH THE GLAZE! Clint 55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Mex
    Posts
    7,226

    Default Re: Pixies - Paz vs Kim

    I didn't know the p bass was wired like that.
    Tell me there are things that you regret
    Cuz if I'm being honest I ain't over you yet

  7. #7
    Mojo's Minions eclecticsynergy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,321

    Default Re: Pixies - Paz vs Kim

    The SVT kicks ass with any kind of bass.
    P-bass kicks ass with any kind of amp.
    Hard to beat that combination.
    .
    "Brains have been washed. Wheels have been greased. Fear has been mongered. Now we prepare for the final stage of our conspiracy theory."

    .

  8. #8
    Imperator of Indignation idsnowdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A shot betwixt wind and water
    Age
    48
    Posts
    16,703

    Default Re: Pixies - Paz vs Kim

    Quote Originally Posted by Clint 55 View Post
    I didn't know the p bass was wired like that.
    Yes the two coils are wound in opposite directions. Jazz Bass pickups aren't hum-cancelling although more modern versions are. It's kind of hard to understand why Fender didn't just use side by side coils like the P Bass to begin with?

  9. #9
    Sock Market Trader GuitarStv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    15,077

    Default Re: Pixies - Paz vs Kim

    Quote Originally Posted by idsnowdog View Post
    Yes the two coils are wound in opposite directions. Jazz Bass pickups aren't hum-cancelling although more modern versions are. It's kind of hard to understand why Fender didn't just use side by side coils like the P Bass to begin with?
    J bass pickups are hum cancelling.



    If you have to have them both on. :P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •