Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jazz Mod Confirmation

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    You know, Steve, you've really got a problem.

To tell someone that the wiring essentially will not work ("that's a mess") is not judgemental of the person asking for help it is an observation of the wiring, and it IS offering more help that if I said, "wow, that wiring looks great, you really did a good job there. It will do everything you want. Hope everything works out great for you".

After I posted my observation I was going to post a solution but I didn't offer any ways to improve it because by the time I figured out a better diagram I noticed that there had already been suggestions given (by you). There was no need at that point for me to be redundant.

I wonder if there was any real need for you to call me an "ass" and if THAT was helpful to anyone in anyway (other than to allow everyone to see your immaturity), and if maybe you were being an as* in saying that.

Your observation was rude and unhelpful. A solution that fixed the issues had been posted two days before you commented. It didn't address the problem the OP was asking about in any way, just poked fun at his first attempt at wiring up what he wanted. If you had bothered to add some insight, help, explanation it would be one thing . . . but as it stands (however originally intended) you were being an ass.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      Your observation was rude and unhelpful.
      Most of his observations are.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
        Your observation was rude and unhelpful. A solution that fixed the issues had been posted two days before you commented. It didn't address the problem the OP was asking about in any way, just poked fun at his first attempt at wiring up what he wanted. If you had bothered to add some insight, help, explanation it would be one thing . . . but as it stands (however originally intended) you were being an ass.
        And I suppose that your calling me an "ass" WAS NOT rude?! Perhaps WAY more rude than my referring to a wiring diagram as a "mess"!!!

You are replying to my last post (an explanation to clarify my intent) as if you hadn't read it. I gave an explanation. But you continue to ignore that explanation and ASSUME that you know what my original intentions were, and then you totally ignore the fact that my original intentions were to offer a helpful solution. I admit that I can be direct and blunt and appear rude sometimes, even responding negatively to pics of poor soldering joints, but my whole purpose as a contributor on this forum is to help others. But you jumped to a false conclusion and called me derogatory names based upon your false assumption. Who is being rude?! You could have been respectful and responded to my explanation with..."Sorry. I didn't realize that was the case." Or, "It wasn't clear to me." Or even, "Your original post just seemed to be rude to me when I first read it." But no. You continue, even after I explained, to be rude and call me an "ass".

Like I said earlier. You've got a problem! I think counselling might help.
        Last edited by GuitarDoc; 12-15-2019, 08:41 AM.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Please, back to the OP...
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah, I greatly appreciate the help here guys, but I deal with enough drama at work. I'll find another forum to get help from next time.

Comment

I would use a push-push for a kill switch. I’ve actually ripped the post out of a pot before trying to push-pull quickly. (It had a set screw type knob, which helped with leverage there, but anyway...)

Comment

Working...
              X