banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duncan Jazz neck humbucker similar to Dimarzio area T tele neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Jazz neck humbucker similar to Dimarzio area T tele neck?

I have a Dimarzio Area T neck in my tele which I like, but looking for a little fuller sound but similar clarity would the Jazz be similar?

Re: Duncan Jazz neck humbucker similar to Dimarzio area T tele neck?

Not even close to sounding the same but yes the clarity will be there. I have both pickups the Jazz is fuller but very different pickup. The Area T is has a very flat EQ whereas the Jazz is kinda scooped sounding, very full bass, bright treble. The Jazz is a great choice in a Tele neck, if you want to keep the single-coil vibe a Phat Cat would be another option.

As we always ask around here, what is your end game? What kind of music are you looking to play with the pickup? Is there an artist that you listen to and say "I want to sound like ______"

There is a used Jazz for sale at a good price in the Trading Post

Last edited by Securb; 12-07-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      Not even close to sounding the same but yes the clarity will be there. I have both pickups the Jazz is fuller but very different pickup. The Area T is has a very flat EQ whereas the Jazz is kinda scooped sounding, very full bass, bright treble. The Jazz is a great choice in a Tele neck, if you want to keep the single-coil vibe a Phat Cat would be another option.

As we always ask around here, what is your end game? What kind of music are you looking to play with the pickup? Is there an artist that you listen to and say "I want to sound like ______"

There is a used Jazz for sale at a good price in the Trading Post

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...ull-Shred-Jazz
      Thanks right now playing instrumentals from Take 5 to Pick up the Pieces and thanks for the link but looking for nickel. !

Comment

For standards, I'd consider the Antiquity, Seth Lover, or an Alnico II Pro. Despite its name, the Jazz really isn't that great for jazz- way too bright.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks tried the Seth and not want what I was looking for Since I like the clarity and warmth to the Area T might not look any further Thanks again!

UOTE=Mincer;4381449]For standards, I'd consider the Antiquity, Seth Lover, or an Alnico II Pro. Despite its name, the Jazz really isn't that great for jazz- way too bright.[/QUOTE]

Comment

A Bartolini PBF-55 might be worth looking into

Comment

I really don't understand this line of reasoning comparing apples to oranges?

Comment

My favorite neck pickup in a tele is something like an Antiquity mini humbucker. More full than a typical tele but still articulate. Full Shred neck is also very articulate.

Comment

Working...
                X